Chapter 4-Broken Family

Chapter 4- Broken Family.  

   Keya Written

Liberty

I was in the midst of typing my term paper when a heavy knock came onto my door . I grunted as I stood to my feet , dropping my pencil and peeping through the peep hole . I slightly rolled my eyes .

"You can't come here anymore Jamal." I said standing with my hands on my hips .

"Liberty we need to talk." He saids as he jiggles the door handle.

"It's Ronni's rule . We can't be cool anymore." I bit my jaw .

"Liberty we both know that we can't stop being cool . I mean you're important to me as much as I'm important to you . I love Ronni . I want to be with her but it's unfair."

"What's unfair?"

"She doesn't know everything that we been through . She just doesn't understand . I know it's hard for you to even think about it and I know you try to pretend the events never happened but face it Liberty , it can't be forgotten. It only brought us closer . " I took a deep breath as I slid down the door and sat down , listening to everything he had to say .

"You're my only family Liberty." His voice softens .

That night peered through my mind as he spoke .

"This my shiiitttttt!" Jamal excitedly nudges my head as we bopped our head to Ludacris . I chuckled as I pinched his arm . He winces in pain .

"I'm gone have to be home in a little bit . You know how my dad is." I informed him . He licked his lips .

"I know it . Let me just drop this off at my brother's." He taps a brown bag that sat underneath his arm .

"Ooweee I get to see Zeek!" I excitedly squirmed in my seat .

Jamal chuckles . We finally arrived to Zeek's house . I happily rushed out of the car and rushed to the front door . "Liberty wait!" It was too late . I had already knocked on the door . I turned around to see how far behind Jamal was until the door flew open revealing a wounded , tired Zeek .

"Zeek." I screeched . His face was badly bruised and he seemed to be in a rush . Out of instinct , I grabbed his hand and led him down the little steps .

"What happened Zeek?!" Jamal was hyped now . He ran to Zeek's side . I screamed when I realized that he was bleeding heavily from his mouth . His tongue has been cut out. Jamal was tempted to go into the home but I grabbed him , forcing him to go towards the car .

Without any warning , bullets began to fly near out heads . Whoever was shooting , didn't have good aim .

"My boy Jamal!" I heard someone yell . The voice was so distinct and unusual . The way Jamal's name flowed off his tongue told me that he was nowhere near to be American . We quickly grabbed Zeek and rushed him to the car . I stayed in the back to assist Zeek with his injuries . I laid his head against my chest to keep him from choking on his blood .

"We need to go to the hospital!" I cried . Zeek was loosing a lot of blood .

Bullets continued to fly , hitting the windows . "Ahh!" I yelled . Jamal suddenly stomps on the accelerator .