Chapter 36

Jamal

Its the next afternoon and i feel like absolute crap . I had to sit in a jail for only a couple of hours . Liberty was the one who bail me out .I called David to come but she came through for me which i didnt expect . I expected her to still be upset but im glad that somebody forgave me .

Now here we are sitting on David's couch with our hands over our foreheads . Jahlil was laying on Liberty's lap , leaving a slob stain on her joggers . David was sitting on the opposite couch , rewatching the video of Hannah and Audrey being slaughtered .

As Liberty and I was walking out the police station , there was a note along with a tape recording sitting on her windshield . The note read 'watch me' . We didnt think it was anything out of the ordinary . Until we came home and watched it . Some men raped Hannah and slit Audrey's throat right on camera .

I couldnt even handle it . I went chaotic all over the place . I destroyed half the things that David owned but i promise ill pay him back for the damages . I just cant seem to handle my emotions anymore . Every chance i get i explode .

Liberty even spoke to Hannah's mom . She seen the video too . It was actually sent to her house .

We sat here in silence for awhile now . I didnt know what to say to lighten up the situation . I guess we all feel that there isnt a way to brighten the mood .

I can say that Liberty is holding in all her feelings which i feel is a bad idea . I know Liberty and I know that when she holds it in , its bound to come out and not in a peaceful way . I feel like like i let everyone down . Im supposed to be everyones' protector even if youre miles away , I had my eyes on you but how all of a sudden i began to lack , things begin to blow out of proportion .

My focus been on Ronnie for too long. Ive been hurt , betrayed , tortured , and nearly killed but im not playing the role of a victim . What i did to Ronnie was low and undeserving but i put my all into proving to her how much i was in love with her. What i did in my past shouldnt reflect our relationship now because in all honesty im a changed man . All i want to do is make Ronnie my wife and make things right to where we could all be happy. Im ashamed of my past but you shouldnt judge me from that . I couldnt be mad at Ronnie from cheating on me the first time . She told me so she owned up to it and i respected that . Thats all i want in this . I just want this to be something real between us .

Ronnie doesnt see the work that Im put into our future . Cameron isnt dumb he knows where i live . So why she think for the past couple of months everything been peaceful? Why do she think ive been more civil than anytime before .

I have it all planned out but now since she decides to leave me , I dont even think i can protect her now .

Liberty stood on her feet with Jahlil laying on her shoulder . She kisses my forehead and goes over to David and kisses his lips . David is just trying to get a clue on who couldve been behind the scheme of Hannah and Audrey's murder .

"Where you going?" I asked her .

"Out . I need a whiff of fresh air." She saids as she grabs her car keys .

"I dont think you should go out alone." David spoke my thoughts .

"Ill be okay." She sends us a genuine smile then leaves the house .

"Go with her bruh." David nods .

I didnt hesitate to hurry out the house before she could pull out . She was strapping Jahlil in his carseat when i came out .

"Im coming with you." I said and got into the passenger seat of the car .

"Forreal Jamal . Im not playing any games." She saids to me through the backseat . Once Jahlil was secured , she closes the door then hops inside .