Chapter 32

Jamal

I started to feel sun rays hitting the side of my face as if someone was revealing heat to me . I heard blinds shuffling to the right side of me . I squinted as i struggled to open my eyes . I gained feeling in my hands and legs causing me to twitch .

"Hm." I grunted as i shifted my legs . 

"Oh my gosh! This nigga just moved." I heard someone gasp . I covered my eyes with my arm as they opened and started to adjust to the light . I then noticed Ronnie sitting next to me with wide eyes . 

"My baby is up!" She saids excitedly and started spinning around the room . I frowned at her behavior. She must be drunk .

"Where am i?" I asked .

"The hospital baby." She sits in the chair and holds on to my hand . "You had got hit in your chest . You had to have an emergency heart surgery and ever since then you been in a coma . Its been over a month now." She saids sweetly. 

A month ago?" I groaned as I attempted to sit up but failed miserably .

"Aw baby you gotta take it easy..." she says in a babyish tone. "Yeah...you've been a coma . See the crust in your eyes." She goes to wet a napkin and begin cleaning the crust out of my eyes.

Seeing her pudge made me remember that she needs to be on bed rest . "You shouldn't be here . You need to be on bed rest." I told her .

"I know...but every single time I come , I stay here with you until your dad or the nurses forces me to go home. We moved!"she cheers . 

"To where." I frowned .

"This humongous beautiful house that you owned and never told me about." She playfully frowns . The reason why i never told her about my other houses because I knew she would be eager to move in one of them . I just wanted to see where her loyalty laid with me .

 I stared at the ceiling when in my mind , I could've sworn I heard a baby crying . "Did Faith have my baby?" I turned to Ronnie . 

"I don't know. I would hope so....I've tried to get her number from Ryan but he said she quit and he doesn't have her contact information and Liberty said she changed her number."

"Aj knows some people who's cool with her . Why didn't you ask her?" I questioned .

She then pauses as she looks down to the ground and I could see that tears started to fill in her eyes . "Baby why are you crying?" I lift her head up and wiped the tears away . I knew then that something was wrong . 

" What's going on?" I frowned in confusion . 

"Jamal, you know she had hiv and when she stopped taking her medicine it became aids....she died a few weeks ago." My whole world stopped including my breathing . The statement alone took my breath away . Pain instantly throbbed in my chest .

"Baby- shit." I hissed . I wasnt sure if i wanted to scream or throw shit around the room but i held myself together . 

Damn Aj is really gone.. 

"How you're holding up?" My voice croaked . I tried my best to be strong for Ronnie . "You shouldn't be stressing." I told her . 

"Im fine Jamal." She sniffles . "Liberty and I been depressed and crying everyday but we're getting better...its been so hard without her. But we handled it ....and we're taking care of Jahlil....I -I still can't believe she's gone." Her tone weakens .