Chapter 38-Building Friendship

Jamal

"Jamal.." Mya's soft voice ranged through my ears . I started feeling her weight pressing down on my chest as if she was laying on me . Im surprised that shes still here .

"Hm." I hummed with my eyes still closed .

"Do you still love Rolanna?" She asks .

"Do you still love Travis?" I asked her . I remember her bringing him up and saying that he also cheated on her . She caught him sexing another woman in her car .

She hums . "Its hard." She readjusted herself onto my chest . "Ive learned that love is hard but you have to be harder in order to love."

My eyes fluttered open to those words . "I know you still care about her and i know deep down inside you will always have that love for her because shes the mother of your child."

I twisted my lips trying to gain understanding to what she was trying to say .

"All i want you to know is that whenever you choose to get her back , I wont be in the way." I glanced at her to see her giving me those puppy dog eyes .

"Why are you so understanding?" I frowned .

"Because I know your heart Jamal . You been crazy over that girl since the day you met her . You basically chose her over me , remember? I thought i was your first love." She saids as she climbs out the bed with my sheet wrapped around her .

"Im sorry about that." I mumbled as i shifted my way out of the bed .

"Its fine Jamal . I was pregnant with Travis's baby anyway." She shrugs .

"Danggg." My eyes widen in shock . Thats what i like about Mya . Shes so blunt and honest about any and everything . But damn she was playing me?

"I know right." She chuckles .

She was about to go in the bedroom shower but i stopped her . "Can we go into the other bathroom . I want to hear when one of the kids wakes up."

She starts to blush . "You want to shower with me Jamal?" She holds a hand up to her chest .

"Girl come on." I chuckled . I looked at the clock to see it was only 7:16 a.m

Before i went to the bedroom , I peeped in the kid's room to see they were to still sleep . I turned Fabian over onto his back because sometimes it gets hard for him to breathe . Im the same way .

I went to the bathroom that was located right next to their room . Mya was already in the shower . I stripped out of my boxers and slid right on in .

"Mya?"

"Yes Jamal?"

"What happened to the baby?" She paused from washing her hair and glanced over her shoulder . She was hesitant to give me a response but finally she did .

"He was tortured to death.." She huffs "Cameron thought that he was yours.." She saids . My heart fell into the pit of my stomach . I wrapped my arms around her neck and hugged her .

"Im so sorry." I said to her . By this information alone , tells me that Cameron been planning this for the longest .

"Its okay Jamal. Travis didnt want the baby anyway." She chuckles but I know she was hurting .