Chapter 23- Matters

Chapter 23- Matters.

Keya Written 

AJ.

I woke up to a baby screeching screams and people's voices . air was traveling though my nose rapidly and I had to slow my breathing down and take it steady.

I sat up and my stomach hurt so had.

"She's up." I heard Ronnie's voice . she sounded excited. As my blurred vision cleared up, I notice that I was in a hospital room and everyone was staring at me.

"Hey baby." My mother sat beside me with a smile.

"What am I doin here? Who's baby is crying?" I looked around and Liberty came over to me with a bright grin covering her whole entire face . she held the crying baby in a white blanket and brought him over to me.

"It's your baby." She tells me.

I smile and looked at him. He has deep brown eyes and head full of jet black hair. "He's cute." I nod.

"Girl hold this child ." My mother rubs hand sanitizer on my hands and Liberty lays the baby boy in my arms. He looks up at me and closes his eyes.

"We're waiting for you to name him girl." Ronnie says.

I rocked the little boy in my arms and smiled at him as he held on to my finger tightly. I felt in love . his presence was nothing but grace . he was already heaven in my eyes.

"Yohami.." I say and they all looked suprise. Except for Ronnie, since I have already expressed to her that I want to name my child this.

"Who?" My mother says as she tilts her head.

"Yo-Hah-Mee."

"Yo homie?" Jamal blurts and I roll my eyes at him.

"Hell no! You is not about to name my god baby Yohami...you better pick a different name." Liberty says as she stands by me.

"Nope. I like it. it's unique." I cheesed .

"It's not." Liberty said bluntly and Jamal held in his laugh.

"I have a back up name though . Aladdin Jameel Hamilton."

Jamal rubs his chin and have a concentrating look on his face "Isnt Aladdin a movie or somethin'?"

"He's that white nigga that was flying on carpets . You remember?" Liberty saids to Jamal . His eyes widen in astonishment .

"Guys its not about how weird the name sounds its about meaning. it's means notable of faith." I tell them.

Ronnie shakes her head in agreement. "That's cute girl."

"Stop lying to her." Liberty said.

I got fed up with them all so I just picked the other name I thought of. "Jahlil . how about that?"

I look down at the baby and grin, "Jahlil Anthony Hamilton . Your uncle name is Jamal...that's similar."

"She just named the little g after me." Jamal starts acting goofy and nods at me. "Youre smart. Youre loyal . I appreciate that ." He lightly pats his chest .

"Hush boy." My mother tells him as she laughs. A knock appears on the door, and Ronnie says 'come in'.

A tall male doctor enters the room, and smiles at me while I hold little Jameel in arms. My mother is the first to open her mouth until Liberty cuts her off.

"Auntie, can you come to the cafeteria with Jamal and I.." She rushes to say . I guess she's afraid that the doctor may bring up my condition . my mother and Jamal has no knowledge of my situation.