Chapter 25 - escape

Chapter 25- escape

Niecy  Written 

Faith

I pulled up into the parking structure of the hospital . I shut my engine off and exited my vehicle .I have a check up and I get to see the sex of the baby, so I am more than excited. I begin to reach the entrance until I seen Jamal walking out. I then begin to get nervous but kept my cool.

"Hi Jamal." I greet him.

"Sup Faith." He saids . His eyes shortly glances at my belly.

"It's been awhile. What you up here for?" I ask as I rocked on my heels and held my hands together. He smelled so good, and he looked good as well.

"To see a friend of mine." He then gives me his undivided attention . He pokes my belly then makes a fake explosion noise which caused me to giggle . "Again faith I'm sorry about how i did you . I really hope you could find it in your heart to forgive me . I shouldn't have cut you out my life like that . We can still be friends right?" He tucks his hands into his pockets .

"Yeah of course . Especially since we're going to coparenting." I say in gleeful tone.

His face scrunches as if he tastes something sour . "What you say?" He asks as he digs into his ears .

"Well I'm pregnant as you can see."I rubbed my belly and smiled.

"Okaaayyy but what that got to do with me?" He extends his arms .

"We had sex....and you impregnated me Jamal. This is your child." I weakly smiled.

He squints and begin to look scared as he looks around. "Are you serious?

I gave him a weird expression as I nod my head and fold my lips. "Yes.. would you like to come to my appointment with me? I finally get to see if it's boy or a girl." I say excitedly.

He gradually starts to shake his head but regains himself "I mean .." He grasps a handful of his hair and starts backing away while mumbling to himself ."What the fuck did I do." I heard him say .

"You didn't pull out." I interupted the conversation he was having with him self.

"Ooh my damn." He nearly yells then pushes himself off the wall .

"Are you sure that this is my baby? You're not bullshittin me right?"

Before I could even respond , he waves me off . "Hell yeaa you're bullshittin . We had sex nearly four months ago . You don't even look four months . Gone head Faith with that shit mane . Nearly gave me a heart attack. He seemed more relieved and relaxed .

"Well I'm kind of small, but I'm four in half months pregnant. Jamal I don't have to lie to you....youre the only person I had sex with. This is your baby." I say to him truthfully.

He pauses then twists his jaw . He stares off into the air and I could've sworn I seen tears swell into his eyes . He settles his back onto the wall and slides down to where he was sitting on the ground . "I just got her back . Now I'm about to loose her for good." He mumbles in a weak tone .

"I have nothing to do with that, all i know is my baby needs a father." I shrug and roll my eyes at the thought of Ronnie.

"Do you want to come to my appointment with me or not. It's in ten minutes." I tell him.

He lays his head against the wall and stares into the sky . He acted as if he didn't want to move so I started walking . After awhile I heard heavy footsteps close behind me . I turn around to see him right on my heel . "What?" He shrugs with little to no emotion.