Chapter 43

"Ms.Rodgers.....the baby is fine but we want you to stay here because the rape kit shows trauma, so maybe a day or two. And your daughter will be fine but we're gonna have to treat the burn everyday. It is definitely third degree." The doctor tells me as she stands beside me.

"Okay...." I nod as yawn from being tired.

She smiles at me. "I'll check back with you soon." She turns on her heels and walks out. Then Jamal stands up with sleeping Jai'marie in his arm, and gently lays her down in the bassinet that the hospital provided for us.

He climbs in the small bed with me and hold my hand. "When did you find out you were pregnant?"

"Cameron made me take a pregnancy test. I really wasn't expecting it."

"I nutted in you on purpose." I weakly smile and rubs his cheek and we intertwine each others fingers.

"I don't think I'm ready for another one."

"I thought you wanted another baby together." He lightly frowns

"I did....but its hard to have another baby. And I cant really take care of the two that you already have. I feel like i can't be a mother...I-I-I don't think im fit for it...something worse couldve happen to Jai'marie because of me."

"But nothing worse happen, that's all that matters."

"Can we move to Baltimore ?" I asked.

"Anything you want , you got it." He kisses the back of my hand and rubs his left eye.

I begin to think about the truth that must be revealed. Before I marry this man and have a full future with him everything must come out of the dark and we have to start off clean. "Jay.....I have a son."

He turns his neck and frowns at me. "You have a what?"

"A son" I bite on my lip and look up at him "he's seven and his name is Caleb."

"You thought he was dead or something?" He asks. I could feel his vibe changing as if he's displeased .

"No a few days after I gave birth, Cameron made me give him for adoption because he had to have surgeries that we couldn't afford. So I gave him up and within two weeks he had a family but i couldn't visit him cause his name was changed....after Cameron made me do that I left him....it was the biggest regret."

He seems to be offended with my response. "He made you? If you wanted to keep him , then you could've kept him."

"I was underage Jay and protective services was already getting involved . Please don't bash me for it at the time I wanted my child to get better care so I took Cam's advice. I was young and if i wouldve kept him he probably wouldn't be alive....I couldn't afford his condition and Cameron and I wouldn't be the best parents."

"It's okay. It's okay." He kisses my forehead . "Why didn't you tell me this before?"

"Well that's in the past. Now that I know where he is we can find him." I cheese excited about it. "Cam says they changed his name to Norman....im not so sure how true that is though."

He sits up staight and rubs his chin hair . He rubs his foot across the ground in a anxious manner . "How you think he's going to respond to you?"

"He'll probably have a lot of questions about me, and where I've been all his life. Or it may turn out different he has a very dysfunctional brain....when the doctors tested his brain they say he may grow up to be kind of slower than others so he may be happy."

"Oh." He nods.

I looked at him. "You think im dumb? Don't you."

"Only 25% but we all make mistakes and we learn from them." He said with no emotion .