Chapter 6- Things Happen

Niecy Written

Ronnie. (2 Weeks Later)

I watched carefully as my sister's casket was being lowered into the resting spot that was dugged for her. Her best friend , Carmen , was singing 'Amazing Grace' while family members of her adoptive parents and friends were mourning over her death silently. I watched as Ms.Daniece buried her face into her husband's chest and sobbed.

"They took my baby! I want my baby back! No!" She screamed. Her husband walked her away from the burial site. Seeing her cry made my tears flow rapidly. Jamal arms crept around my waist. He placed a soft kiss above my ear and placed his chin in the crook of neck.

Both, Liberty and AJ stood beside me, to be some type of comfort.

Shyia's casket was now six feet under. Pastor Wallace, my pastor since I was little girl, started to call members from the crowd to drop their flowers on top of her casket and say goodbye.

"Let's go." I said softly. I pushed Jamal's hands off of me and began walking away. I'm not ready to say goodbye to all that was left.

"Rolanna wait. We have stuff for you." Pastor Wallace called out.

"Rolanna, the service isn't over." Jamal said to me but I just ignored him.

The sun beamed down on me, reflecting a shadow of me on the unhealthy grass I was walking on. I looked up at the blue partly clouded sky, thinking that maybe I'll get the chance to see Shyia's spirit. But I did not. I begin to cry.

When I made it to the car, I climbed in the back seat and slammed the door. Then my silent cry turned into a piercing sob. I kicked the back of the drivers seat and pulled on my hair as I screamed.

Liberty opened the door and climbed in next to me. Then she laid my head on her lap and stroked my hair as I drenched her dress with my tears.

"Liberty she's gone! She's gone."

"Her spirit still lives on baby girl."

Jamal and AJ entered the car. Jamal started the car and began to drive off. They kept silent and allowed me to cry the whole way home.

1 week later

"Baby when we get out of here , I'm taking you out to eat. You haven't eaten in days." Jamal said. We were at my doctors appointment to check up on how the baby is doing. I've been having light spotting and cramps but other then that my body has been feeling fine.

A knock pressed against the door.

"Come in" Said Jamal.

My doctor slowly walked in and closed the door behind her without saying a word. Her vibe felt weird as if something was wrong. She went to the corner of the room and slid her rolling chair next to my bed and sat down.

"Ms.Rodgers and Mr.Anderson , I have bad news."

"What?" Jamal asked.

"Well....I hate to have to tell the two of you this. But--" She sighed. "It's so many things wrong with your pregnancy Ms.Rodgers."