Chapter 13

PIPER'S P.O.V.

When the show was wrapping up, Riley and I walked back to the dressing room to wait for the boys. We had finished the bottle of champagne so I walked to the mini fridge against the wall and grabbed another. I popped it open and poured full glasses for the both of us before sitting down next to Riley.

"Piper, can I talk to you about something?"

"Of course, Ri. You always can."

I could feel that alcohol setting in, resonating in my veins. I didn't feel really buzzed yet but it was definitely starting to have an affect on both of us.

"I... I'm really scared to lose my virginity."

"Ah. I figured that we'd be having this conversation soon enough. You ARE talking to a pretty handsome guy."

We both laughed at my under-exaggerated description of Liam. Duh, he is hot. 

"Well, what are you scared of?"

"Regret. Not because of him." She paused and gathered her thoughts. "I wouldn't be nervous if I knew for a fact that he wouldn't break my heart."

I knew how she felt. It took me a long time to open up to Matthew.

"That's the thing, you can never know for sure. That's life. That's a relationship. It sucks but its also wonderful. Imagine how boring we would all be if we never worried about a guy leaving us... or cheating on us. That's part of what makes being in a good relationship such an amazing feeling; Having trust that, if broken, can tear your heart into a million pieces is what makes love so great. The feelings are more intense, therefore the sex is more passionate. Just, don't think about it too much. Is that all your scared of?"

"Pretty much. I mean, I'm a little scared of it hurting, but hey, everyone has their first time at some point. And I know you're right. I'm just thinking into it too much. I know if its with him, it'll be special. You know, he's such a romantic! I'm so shocked! He asks before he does anything and never pushes me to do something I don't want to do. He's so sweet when we kiss, Ri, it's amazing."

Harry wasn't really much of a romantic. Then again, how would I know? I'm in just as much of a hurry to get him on his back as he is.

"That's awesome. How great is it that they're friends? We always have each other to talk to about them behind their backs."

"And they can do the same to us."

We both made obnoxious scared faces before breaking out into unrestrained laughter. Right then, the door swung open, revealing 5 very sweaty men.

They picked up their phones and wallets quickly and started walking back to the door.

"Come on, we have to hurry."

Riley and I shot up and walked out, making sure to grab our purses and the champagne. We ran down the hallway and out the door where my car was parked, right in front of a limo.

"Get in, someone will bring your car later."

Harry placed his hand on the small of my back, forcing me into the limo. I could see a huge crowd of screaming teenage girls, forming a mob outside of the back lot barricade. The screaming intensified when the boys filed into the car behind me and Riley. The locks clicked as everyone got comfortable. I raised up the almost full bottle of champagne and the boys cheered. I passed it to Harry and he took a long swig before passing it on to Zayn, then Louis, Niall and so forth. When the bottle made it back to me, I topped off my glass and gave it to Harry.