Chapter 68

HARRY’S P.O.V.

After Piper’s emotional breakdown, she started to drink a bit more. By the time we were leaving the auction, she was leaning against me in order to stand up in her heels. I kept a protective arm around her waist and she cuddled against my shoulder as we waited inside for the car to pull up. I felt so relieved after our much needed apologies and it was nice to squash most of the tension between us. Everything was back to normal and just in time, too. Piper’s family would be arriving the next day with Karen and Riley and my mum, Robin, and Gemma would be there four days later. If we hadn’t mended our relationship when we did, all hell would have broken loose with everyone there.

“I love you, Harry. Thank you for tonight.”

Her words were drawn out and she sounded sleepy. I twisted my neck so that I could kiss the top of her head as she wrapped her arms around my chest, still leaning on me for support.

“Love you so much, Piper. I’m glad you don’t hate me anymore.”

She scoffed drastically and pulled her head away from my shoulder.

“I could never hate you, babe.”

I grin cheekily at her and peck her lips.

“I know I just wanted to hear you say that. You should never say never. What if I do something completely deserving of your hatred?”

I squeezed her side playfully, causing her body to jolt. I pulled her closer and rested my hands on her hips.

“I’m pretty sure Justin Bieber wouldn’t appreciate another hot pop star using his song lyrics. And to answer your question, I’d still probably love you.”

I chuckled loudly before leaning down to nibble at her jawline.

“So, you think Bieber’s hot, huh?”

She pinched my back and stuck her tongue out.

“I didn’t say that. I said you were hot.”

“But, you classified us in the same category of hot.”

Her mouth gaped as she searched for the right comeback, failing to find it. She laughed and leaned forward to press her lips to mine.

“You know what I meant, dumbass.”

She spoke softly against my lips and kissed me again, the taste of vodka and fruit emanating from her tongue as it slid along my bottom lip.

“Mr. Styles. Your car is here.”

I nodded at the attendant standing by the door and kissed Piper once more. She leaned up on her toes to whisper seductively in my ear.

“Take me home, Harry.”

She pulled away and started to walk to the door, attempting to do so without my help. She swayed on her high heels and I ran to catch up, wrapping my arm around her once again to steady her.

“Now, that one’s ours, but I guess that since I agree with the context, I’ll allow you to use it.”

She snorted at my cheesy joke as we stepped out of the door onto the crowded sidewalk, cameras flashing from every angle. I pulled Piper closer to my side and hurried to the black town car in front of us, opening the door and allowing her to climb in first. I slid in after and immediately felt her hands on my chest, pushing my back into the soft leather seat.

“How about you just take me right here, huh?”

My eyes widened in shock. This wasn’t like Piper. She was always one to keep appearances in public, but in the moment, she could have cared less about the driver who was peeking his eyes back to us through the rear-view mirror. She straddled my lap, hiking her tight gown up her thighs.