Chapter 31

PIPER'S P.O.V.

I woke up at three in the morning, feeling worse than I ever have in my entire life. My body was sore everywhere and my head pounded uncontrollably. No one was in my room and the lights were all off but I was completely naked. I couldn't remember anything from that night besides feeling a lot more drunk than I should have; and James kissing me. Did he leave after that? But, why was I naked. I had a hard time piecing together my thoughts until I looked over and saw my wine glass sitting on the floor. It was that second glass that made me feel wasted. It had to of been more than just alcohol. There was no way two glasses of wine would have done that to me. I started crying as I thought about what happened, talking out loud to no one.

"Oh my god. How could he do this?"

I kept my wails stifled so that Cory and Riley wouldn't hear me. I couldn't talk about it yet. I didn't think I would ever be ready to talk about it. I sat up in my bed and felt a gnawing at my stomach. I was going to throw up; I was just so overwhelmed. I ran to the bathroom, making sure to close the door behind me so that no one would hear me. I vomited multiple times and sat on the bathroom floor for a while, making sure I was done. In about thirty minutes, I decided to just suck it up and go about things normally. I didn't notice any bruising and I knew that if I told someone, he would just hurt me again. It was my word against his. A thousand things ran through my mind but all I wanted was to see Harry and I was glad I would that day. Our flight was at 9 so we needed to leave the dorm by 6. I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep, so I double checked that my things were packed. They were but I put some extra comfortable clothes in my bag, just in case I still felt the way I did right then. I gathered a few books to take on the plane and decided to take a bath. When the tub was full, I sat there for a half an hour, just soaking, hoping to remove any traces of James from my body. I wanted to forget about him entirely. I got out of the bath and made a pot of coffee. I heard Riley blow-drying hair and went back into my room. At 5, Riley knocked on my door, as I was getting dressed.

"Come in, Ri."

"Hey, Pip. I'm so tired. Why are we leaving so early?"

"Just want to enjoy our weekend to the full!"

I forced a smile onto my face and removed the towel from my head.

"Okay, well, I'm going to go get ready."

I nodded to her and she left my room again. I let my hair dry on its own, not really concerned with how I looked. It was the least of my concerns. I put on black leggings and found a long white tank top and a purple hoodie. I pulled on some comfortable boots and pulled my small suitcase out to the living room, grabbing my purse on the way out.

"Riley, you ready?"

I called out to her, quietly since her door was open.

"Yeah, I'm ready."

She pulled out a bag the same size as mine and adjusted her shirt.

"I'm just gonna go let Cory know we're leaving, can you get us some coffee? I made it earlier."

She turned red and turned to the kitchen to get us to-go cups. I knocked on Cory's door and opened it before he could answer. He rolled over, eyes still closed and I noticed a thong on the floor. Whose are those? 

"Umm, Cory. We're leaving," I whispered the next part, "Riley doesn't know but we're really going to San Francisco to see Harry and Liam, so we'll be back Monday, really early in the morning."

His eyes widened immediately, completely awake. 

"What?"

"Yeah, shhh, I'm taking her to the airport but she has no idea."