Chapter 69

LIAM’S P.O.V.

“Hey, why are you being so quiet?”

Harry nudged my arm in the close quarters of the back seat as we made our way to the airport. We  Him and Piper had been in between blissful whispers for the past thirty minutes and I was perfectly okay with that. I could tell that he thought I felt left out or something, though.

“I’m just anxious to see Riley, s’all.”

Piper cooed from the other side of the car, peeking around Harry’s shoulder while playing with his hair.

“She’s really excited to see you, Liam. Don’t stress.”

I grinned shyly and nodded in agreement. I wasn’t nervous per say, but I expected it to be a little strange around her and Cory again. I didn’t hold a grudge toward either of them, but after the events from Halloween, I felt the need to be cautious. He really loved her and while I didn’t necessarily fear her leaving me, I didn’t like the fact that they still lived together. Especially since Piper hadn’t been there.

By the time we pulled up to the curb, it was nine o’clock in the morning and we had all received texts marking their arrival; one from Marie to Piper, Karen to Harry, and Riley to me. I glanced at the text again, unable to contain my smile.

*FROM: Riley

We just landed! Can we get our own cab so I can have you all to myself?*

Who was I to deny that request? Even though I was pretty positive she was being sarcastic, I requested a third town car to join our troupe. That left Piper and Harry with Karen, most likely, and Piper’s family all together in another car. I had a feeling that our personal car ride would be sexual torture, but it would probably force us to spend some quality time together before we made it to the bedroom and never left.

“There they are! Liam, go ahead and go the other car. We don’t need to make a spectacle at the airport.”

I nodded in agreement with Harry’s words and opened the door, swiftly stepping onto the pavement as the group approached.

“Liam!”

Riley ran to me, dropping her duffel bag on the ground as she enveloped me in a bone-crushing hug. I wrapped my arms around her waist and crashed my lips into hers, feeling as though it were impossible to express the immense passion coursing through my blood. Entirely preoccupied, I almost didn’t notice the crowd of fans and some paparazzi forming around us, littered with a few people who were probably just curious and had no idea who I was.

“Ri-“

She didn’t exactly let me pull away in order to talk, so I tried to break the kiss amicably.

“Riley, we need to evacuate.”

She giggled against my lips and pulled away, opening her eyes to finally realize how many people were around us. Cameras flashed from every angle and I pecked her lips one more time before bending down and collecting her bag, holding her hand in mine. I led her to the last car in line, watching as Piper’s dad climbed into the middle car behind his wife and son. The car that Piper, Harry, and Karen were in had begun to pull away.

“C’mon babe.”

I opened the door for Riley and handed her bag to the driver so that he could put it in the trunk as I climbed in beside Riley. As soon as I shut the door and we were behind the tinted windows, with the noise mostly drowned out by the barrier, I pulled Riley close to me, her head gravitating to my chest.