Chapter 40

PIPER'S P.O.V.

I sat in the airport for a while, trying to make sense of everything that had happened that weekend, so by the time I got home, it was lunch time and both of my classes were over. I opened the door to the dorm and dropped my purse on the ground, walking over to the couch and collapsing onto it. Cory’s door was open so he must have been awake and I knew Riley would be home any minute. I wanted to be alone, but I knew that I shouldn’t. I’d just push myself into depression and over think everything.

“Hey, Pip. Harry’s gone?”

Cory walked out of his room with a cup of coffee in his hand. I nodded, not wanting to cry again, but hearing his name made that next to impossible. It wasn’t a hard cry, just remnants of tears left over from the airport. I missed him already; he was the only thing holding me together in this mess. Cory sat down and placed his mug on the coffee table so that he could pull me into a hug. I laid on his chest and sniffled, trying to stop.

“Piper, it’s going to be okay. Especially when the tour is over; you guys will see each other all the time!”

“Will we? Cory, he lives in England. In a different country! After tour, I’ll probably see him less!”

“Nah, I’m sure you guys will work something out. He loves you, Piper, and if that’s coming from me, you know it’s true.”

I grinned at him but his soothing words weren’t that much of a comfort. Harry and I hadn’t really talked about what would happen after their tour; maybe we should. I wished he could stay with me, but I could never ask him to do that! He had a family in England; a daughter. He could never leave her for any longer than he had to, and I could never ask him to. I was actually nervous to meet Andrea even though she was a toddler. She was his child; what if she didn’t like me? It didn’t matter; I had two months to think about that still. 

“Have you heard anything about…”

He obviously didn’t want to say his name so I finished his thought.

“James?”

He nodded grimly.

“Well, he’s awake and he knows Harry beat him, but he told the cops he didn’t remember. He wants me to drop the charges so he won’t out Harry and ruin his career.”

“WHAT?”

He stood up, outraged. I nodded calmly, still aggravated by James’ request.

“What fucking right does he have? You’re not dropping the charges are you?”

Right then, Riley walked in and dropped her things on a nearby chair before walking over.

“Drop the charges? What the hell is he talking about?”

I felt bombarded with questions, even though it was only one; the same one I hadn’t decided on just yet. 

“I-I don’t know! Harry said he won’t let me. Ri, James wants me to drop the charges so he won’t out Harry.”

“What a prick! You can’t do it, Piper!”

“But, it will mess things up for not only Harry, but all of the guys… Including Liam.”

Her eyes downcast to the floor and then shot back up to me.

“It doesn’t matter. None of that is as important as your safety. Harry is willing to do whatever it takes, so you should let him!”

“What if Harry ends up in legal trouble? All because of me. Then, what? You think that none of this would put a damper on our relationship?”

“Harry loves you, Piper!”