Chapter 32

RILEY'S P.O.V.

"...and it was a mistake, Liam! I can't believe I did it. We never made anything official and I thought you didn't want me or that you were too good for me. Shit. I know none of this is an excuse. I'm such a horrible person. God, Liam I'm SO sorry."

I couldn't control the tears streaming down my face anymore. I tried to look at him, but the pain in his face was too much for me to handle. I looked back to Harry once I was done with my confession and he looked angrier than Liam. He started to pace across the small waiting room, hands clenched in large fists.

"So, while James was..." he couldn't even say it, "you were fucking Cory? You were both there the entire time?!"

He was furious at that point, veins popping out of his neck and forehead. He was right; I couldn't believe that I could have stopped that from happening to my best friend and instead I was sleeping with her brother. I felt selfish and horrible. I knew that I didn't know when it happened but once I did I couldn't believe how stupid we were. Cory would be infuriated when he found out. 

"I know, Harry. I feel terrible."

"Well, that doesn't matter now, Riley."

HARRY'S P.O.V.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Piper's best friend and brother were in the room next to her while James did what he did. I didn't even want to think about it because it literally made me sick to my stomach. My first inclination was to fly to Florida and kill him, but I knew that wouldn't help. I decided that the next best thing was to call the campus police. I googled the number on my iPhone and called immediately while Liam and Riley had a heated conversation.

"Campus Police."

"I'd like to file a report against James Kamp. He drugged my girlfriend last night and raped her."

"Okay, we're going to need one of you to come in to file an official report. Can you come to the station today?"

"No, we're actually both in California until Monday."

"Well, the sooner someone files the report and makes a statement, the sooner we can take action. Is there any way you can come back?"

"We'll figure it out. Thanks for your help."

I hung up the phone but called Cory right away.

"Harry?"

"What the fuck?"

"What's going on?"

"I know what fucking happened last night."

"Look, I'm sorry, I know Liam is your friend and-"

"No, I could care less about that drama. But, while you were having a good old time, James was raping your sister. You could have stopped him and you didn't. I hope you're happy."

He was silent and I instantly regretted the way I said that. I knew it wasn't actually their fault but I needed to blame someone and James just wasn't there. I wasn't backing down though; I had already said it so I wouldn't apologize for being upset. 

"I... I can't believe it."

He was crying. 

"Cory, stop. It's... It's not your fault. I'm sorry for freaking out; I'm just really angry... At James; not you."

"What a fucking prick! I swear to god, if I see him..."

"I'm bringing Piper back tomorrow. We have to make a statement and shit."