My Story

Shane finally let's me inside the hospital and I don't even need to look where I'm going. Actually, I can't see where I'm going, my vision is blurry and my headache grows every second. I finally get to the last door on the hall and I throw myself into the door and get inside quickly. I walk in to see the only person I need to right now. Mark.
"Miss Violet, you can't be in here right now. We are-" a nurse starts, but I quickly interrupt.
"No, I'm going to be in here and sit right here." I say as I take my seat next to Mark and grasp his hand into mine.
"I'll give you two a minute." The nurse says as she walks out of the room in a quick fashion. I look up at Mark who is now awake and looks at me in worry.
"What's wrong?" He questions me as I feel his hand hold mine back.
"Emmet is going to have surgery and Maddie hasn't even talked to him yet because he hasn't woken up..." I say as a tear drips down my cheek, but Marks hand quickly catches it and wipes it off me.
"I'm sorry, but I'm sure that he'll be fine." Mark says as his thumb rubs over my hand lovingly.
"That's not what I'm worried about." I state ad I wipe another tear from my face.
"What is it then?" Mark questions, his voice weak and harmed voice.
"Maddie hasn't seen him yet and I know how much this will effect her seeing him this way... because I know how much it would effect me if it was you." I say with my voice cracking and more tears rolling down my cheeks. There is a silence where Mark runs his fingers through my hair weakly in an attempt to calm me.
"I won't die on you, and you won't die on me. Wanna know why?" Mark questions with him hand holding onto mine tightly.
"Why?" I question as I sniffle a few times and wipe some of my tears from my face.
"Because we can't. Because at the end of all this, we will both be happy and have an amazing life together just like we've always wanted." Mark says. As he does, I can't help but have a flashback to what Jack had told me just hours ago. I let out a shaky breath and wipe another tear from my cheek. I hold onto Marks hand as if it was my life source.
"I don't think that my life can ever be what I really want anymore. I've been through too much to have an amazing and happy life even when all of this is over." I say with my voice shaky and more tears falling from my cheeks.
"What have you done that makes that true? You're almost perfect to me, I don't see a big problem." Mark states with clear confusion in his voice. I shake my head and rest it on his hand letting more tears fall from my eyes.
"I'm sorry, but you can't understand." I say, slowly lifting my eyes to face him after my statement.
"Why not?" Mark questions, still running his fingers through my hair to sooth me, and it almost works, until he asks me to explain my past of horrors. I take in a deep breath and lay on to Marks hand once more, trying to calm myself down.
"What happened that was so bad that you can't tell me?" Mark questions, his voice becoming annoyed with me. I take in a shaky breath and finally lift my head to face Mark, but glance around the room in an attempt to avoid his eyes.
"Do you really want to know?" I question with another shaky breath entering my lungs. Mark holds onto my hand tightly and turns my head to face him.
"Yes. That way I can help you with whatever happened." Mark states in a comforting and caring voice that I've missed in my time here. I nod my head and sigh once more.
"Okay... Here's my story." I state and pause for a moment, just to make myself realize that I'm actually doing this and telling someone else all these things that I've kept inside for so many years.
"When I was younger, I had a normal, happy childhood. I used to go play in a nearby creak and hang out with my friends like any normal kid. But then... I'll never forget the first time that my mom hit me... I was 9, maybe 10 at the time and she had just got back from the liquor store. I asked if she could help me with my math homework and she hit me and told me no. Ever since then I'll never look at her the same way and I was scared. And at the time, I didn't know that it was illegal, but I learned pretty fast. I ran away constantly just so that I wouldn't have to be around her. I remember that I spent weeks at my friends' houses and when I hot back, my mom didn't notice until I apologized. Then I would get hit again. I went to court to try to get away and live with a few if my friends, but it didn't go through. My mom kept me inside, nailed down my windows and I started going to a private school... That's when I started heating voices in my head and she sent me to a mental hospital. And then all this started. I've seen people get torn apart in the middle of the street and I've had to shoot innocent people that I don't even know their names. I didn't have a happy childhood and until a few weeks ago I thought that I was free from my mother. But I was proven wrong, that even now, my mother continues to haunt me and scares me to death. The truth is... I'm so scared. I've always been scared and I don't know how I can ever overcome that and have a normal happy family. I mean, I never had one, so how can I be a member of one now?" I question with more tears falling from my eyes as if it's rain. I try to wipe some of them, but they keep coming. I keep a strong grip on Marks hand and try to force a laugh from me. "I'm weaker than you thought, huh?" I say with a laugh that I force through a lump in my throat.
"No, you're not weak Violet. You're damaged and have had a rough past, and no one can blame you for that. You're one of the strongest people I know and it will always be that way. I known that you'll be an amazing mother, and we will have a family if you want it. The one thing I've learned from you, is that if you want something, you get it. It doesn't matter how long it takes or how hard or impossible it might be, but you'll get it if you want it. So if you want to have this family, we're gonna have it." Mark states with a small smile that is slightly comforting. He lifts his hand and wipes tears from my cheeks in a loving way. I smile through my tears and lay my head down on Marks hand that is interlocked with my fingers. I shut my eyes and finally the tears stop coming.
"Thank you Mark. I love you." I whisper sleepily.
"Don't thank me, I didn't do anything." Mark states in a hushed voice as his fingers run through my hair once more. "But I love you too." Mark adds. I nod my head lightly and slowly let myself fall asleep laying on Marks loving hands.