Six

Key

I was only 2 weeks into college and I was already swamped in assignments. I literally had work to turn in for every class so my weekend was going to be boring as fuck. I refused to fall behind in my first semester. I just knew not to submit to so many classes for second semester.

Biting at the end of my pen I tried to come up with a topic to use for my sociology paper.

Coming into the living room Jay ruffled my hair before sitting next to me on the couch looking at my computer screen. I guess he noticed the wrinkles in my forehead and the confused look etched across my face.

"What got you all frowned up in the face shawty?" He asked sounding genuinely interested.

The other guys had passed me up not even trying to figure out what I was doing. They were no help at all.

"I'm trying to find an interesting topic to write on for my sociology homework. I just can't find nothing I wanna write about like I'm stuck." I said combing my fingers through my hair removing it from my face.

Looking as if he was thinking Jay rubbed his beard sucking in his lips. Just looking at them brought memories of what they could do. Amen.

"What about the internet and its implications on a society?" He said in his deep raspy voice that sent tingles up my spine with how close he was.

After I stopped gawking at him I finally let his idea marinate in my head. It was good. It was really good. Especially considering the fact that I felt social media had a lot to do with the way the kids of our generation thought about a lot of things.

"I like it. Thank you." I smiled at him.

Winking at me he smirked. "You need anymore help? If so let me know. I know lil sumn here and there."

I thought about it and I really had everything under control. I shook my head no. "No that's all I needed I should be good from here."

He nodded grabbing the remote flipping through the channels. While he did that I focused on writing my paper.

An hour in all the guys piled into the living room. Talking loud about nonsense.

"August you still fuck wit ole girl with the big ass booty? I think her name Salami or some shit." Chris asked going to town on a bag of chips.

"Sierra? And not like I was last year. She got a lil boyfriend now or whateva'." He said shrugging scrolling through his phone.

"Yea same thang." Chris asked not even caring that August said the girl had a boyfriend.

Chuckling August shook his head. "Nigga you stupid but nah she moved back ta' Texas. She at TSU na'." August said to Chris while showing Odell a picture of the girl salami.

Chris was one ignorant nigga man. I couldn't take him serious at all but he was entertaining.

"Oh well I heard she a buss down now. Down there stripping and everything." Chris said spilling all the tea.

I didn't know this young lady but I was tuned in. Being nosy was in my nature.

"Hell her ass was fat enough. She had the body for it I ain't surprised." Jay said already knowing Sierra was gone take that route.