Forty-Eight

Chapter 48:

Key

Sitting in the den I was engrossed in my phone while Bash polished her nails on the floor in front of me. Aziza was reading a book on the adjacent couch and Rajah was upstairs with the kids.

The room was unintentionally silent, but it was comfortable. The guys went out to get a Christmas tree so princess Royalty could stop nagging them about it.

Jay made it in at about two this morning and managed to catch us all before we went to sleep after watching movies.

"Ok guys I've managed to keep both kids occupied for at least thirty minutes. Ro is being a big girl and having her first babysitting training with baby Ash." Rajah said coming into the living room holding a wine bottle and four glasses.

"She must be watching frozen." I said laughing knowing that she'd watch the whole movie without looking away from the tv.

Nodding her head rajah took a seat at the end of the couch.

"I got the baby monitor on, but Ashlyn just ate and if I know my baby like I think I do his fat ass is probably on his way to sleep." Rajah laughed.

"Aziza do you drink? I have to ask because Rajah here will force some alcohol down somebody throat." Bash said blowing her wet nails.

Looking up from her book Aziza closed it and tucked it on the side of her. "Not too much but I'll drink a cup every now and again."

"Great. You'll fit in just fine with me then." Rajah said filling all the glasses to the rim with a smile.

Laughing Aziza nodded. Her laughing stopped when she made eye contact with me. Her look turned more sincere.

I felt uncomfortable so I looked away.

Was I that easy to read?

"So? Spill the tea bitches." Rajah said handing everyone a cup before getting comfortable.

"I don't have any tea." I said shrugging. "My life is pretty cut and dry."

"Ok well Key is dismissed with her boring ass. Bash?" Rajah said going down the line.

Twisting her lips to the side Bash tapped her chin. "Well, ain't no tea bih."

Laughing I gave her a high-five.

Sucking her teeth Rajah waved us off. "Ok these hoes boring. Aziza I know you got tea boo spill it."

Shaking my head I took a sip from my glass as I awaited Aziza's response. She was so innocent and quiet. Probably was just nervous as hell and I didn't blame her.

"Umm I don't know I don't have any tea neither. My life is really just day to day." Aziza said causing us all to nod in agreement.

"Hmm, I waisted this good wine for nothing." Rajah said shaking her head at all of us in disappointment.

The room soon grew quiet once our giggles died down and everyone just enjoyed their wine not saying much.

"Hey Aziza I wanted to apologize about last night. I know we were a little harsh and I don't want you to feel any type of way while you're here. I would really like for this to be a good experience for you." Rajah said causing my eyes to bulge out at her being so grown up and apologizing.

"I understand. Y'all were just being good friends in the situation. I could see why me being here and y'all not knowing who I was could've came as a surprise. It's fine. August prepared me before we got here." She said with a small laugh. "I knew who everyone was before I was introduced."