Eighteen

Y'all encouraging her to cheat on Trey but let it had been the other way around 🌚

Annnnnnd imma say this one time. Damn near all my stories have August as the main character. I do not care if you like him or don't like him. It won't change anything TBH lol sorry not sorry.

Key
(Christmas eve)
I woke up out my sleep as KJ shook the life out of me. I was sleeping good and here he want to come stealing my joy.

"Key Key I peed." KJ said as he stood on the side of my bed.

His little lip trembled. I could tell he was about to cry. If he knew like I knew he was going to get a whooping if we ain't get him cleaned up and change his sheets.

"Ok stop crying. You too big to be being in the bed." I said rubbing the sleep from my eyes and getting up following him to his room.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know I did it. I thought I went to the pot. Please don't tell I don't wanna whoopin." He said as tears streamed down his little face causing his cheeks to turn red.

"I'm not going to tell on you. You think I want you to get a whooping?" I asked him as he shook his head no.

"Well stop crying then. Let's get this pee off you."

Grabbing his hand I walked him to the restroom running him some bath water to sit in while I changed the mess he'd made in his room.

He was bad as hell but he was still my baby and I lived for moments like this with him. Well minus the pee of course. The ones where he still needed my help and wasn't too grown.

After an early morning of big sister duty it was impossible for me to go back to sleep no matter how hard I'd tried.

Walking into the kitchen I greeted everybody who included my mom, my dad, and my little brother.

Kj looked at me before handing me an orange and smiling. He must've thought I was going to tell so he was trying to butter me up.

Sitting at the bar I peeled my orange while watching my mom and dad try to cook breakfast together. It was funny because neither wanted the others help. My mom cooked one way and my dad cooked another.

"Let me do the bacon baby you fry yours too hard and it be a little burnt. Good but burnt." My dad said causing me to cover my mouth to keep from laughing.

"My bacon do not be burnt." She said as her voice got high pitched.

"Here we go." KJ said dramatically sighing as he rested his face on his fist.

"No that's y'all daddy always trying to talk about how I cook. His mama bacon the one be burnt. Gone tell me my damn bacon be burnt. Tuh." She rambled.

"Why you gotta bring my mama into this. Cuz if we talking bout mamas..." My dad said.

"Why we talkin' bout mamas?" August whispered coming into the kitchen and sitting at the bar with us.

Before I could speak KJ did it for me. "Daddy said mama bacon be too's burnts and mama said his mama now we waiting on him to tells us about her mama." He said shaking his head.

I nodded agreeing. "Basically."

"Oh wow." August chuckled taking one of my orange pieces I'd broken off.