Forty

😔

Key

I was the only one still up as Rajah and Bash were both knocked out on the couch. For some reason something was bothering me and I couldn't fall asleep as easy as they kid.

I'd called just about all the guys and got no response and although I told August I wouldn't be a bother I couldn't help it. 

It was going on three in the morning and they hadn't made it back yet nor called to say cat dog. I was beginning to worry.

I tried all their numbers one more time before sighing and making myself comfortable on the couch. I decided no to get in my bed because I wanted to curse them out when they walked through the door.

Closing my eyes I said a small prayer before trying to force myself to sleep.

I'd managed to doze off for a good thirty minutes before I felt my phone buzzing on my chest. Opening one of my eyes I assumed it was August causing me to hurry and answer it.

"Hello?" I said into the phone trying to clear the sleep from my voice.

"Y'all put some clothes on and meet me at the hospital that's by yo house." Jay said into the phone as I could hear him starting his car.

Sitting up I was now alert as I tried to better understand him.

"Hospital? Jay what's going on? Who's in the hospital?" I said frantically.

I didn't know how worried he'd made me with his words until I noticed my hand shaking as I awaited his response.

"I don't know man I couldn't really understand what was being said or who it was. All I heard was somebody got shot lost a lot of blood and they at the hospital. Shit really fucking me up cuz I know it can't be one of my niggas man. I'm on my way up there now though shawty."

Once he said the words shot and that he didn't know who it was my heart sank into my chest as my mind started racing.

"I'll meet you up there." I said getting up walking toward my room.

Once I was off the phone with him I threw on some jeans and a hoodie with some tennis shoes and grabbed my purse.

Walking back into the living room a woke both Bash and Rajah up. I didn't know much of anything so I wasn't going to panic.

"Jay just called and said to meet him at the hospital. I don't really know what's going on but apparently there was a shooting and a lot of blood was lost. We don't know who it is yet and we need to be at the hospital like now." I rushed out trying not to burst out crying from my anxiety I felt.

Before I was finish taking they were both dressed and ready to go.

The car ride was silent as we all tried to piece together a story in our mind to understand what the hell was going on.

Pulling up at the hospital I parked by the emergency room before we all hopped out rushing inside.

I'm sure we looked a hot ass mess but truthfully we didn't give a fuck.

Looking around I spotted Jay along with Chris making me sigh in relief but it also made my stomach turn flips as I looked for August, Odell, and Ash to be right behind them but they weren't.

Biting my lip as they approached us I praise that nothing happened to them. That it was a mistake and everybody was fine.

I knew it wasn't though. The tears in Chris's eyes made my knees weak. I could feel the vomit forming in my throat.