Nineteen

Key

"Aug-" I was cut off ass he kissed me.

Grabbing my face he tried to deepen the kiss causing me to pull away lightly pushing his chest.

"We can't do this." I said rubbing my sweaty palms on my pants.

Although kissing August in that moment felt right it was wrong and we both knew it. Whether he cared about Trey or not I did and I didn't want to be that girl. I wasn't that girl.

I guess it dawned on him what he'd done because he stood up running his hand through his hair.

"I'm sawry." He said looking over at me.

Not knowing what else to say I stood up excusing myself.

I could here August curse under his breath as I rushed to my room trying to compose myself.

"Fuck." I said shutting my door leaning against it as my chest heaved up and down.

It just seemed like I didn't know how to stay away from trouble. I kept diving head first into it.

August had kissed me before but it was something about the way he kissed me then that had me all bent out of shape. If this was a game to him I wasn't one to play along.

***

After everything that happened between August and I we agreed it was best if we just kept our distance. He claimed that the trip just made us think we had feelings that weren't really there.

August decided to come back a couple days after Christmas stating he didn't want to over stay his welcome, although my parents had given him an open invitation to stay however long he wanted. They even told him he could come back anytime.

Once back at school us not conversing wouldn't be anything alarming since that was what everyone was use to. It just made it easy to not have to explain anything.

Arriving back at the house I was actually happy to see the guys. I could honestly say I missed their presence.

I gave everyone a hug as August kept it at a head nod and went about his business.

I'm not gone lie and say it didn't suck to be back at square one when we'd gotten so close, but I knew why he was acting like that so I had to respect it.

Pulling my bag upstairs to my room I sat it by the door before plopping down on my bed.

I'd come from freezing cold Chicago back to hot ass Louisiana.

Closing my eyes I was actually pretty tired from my flight. This couple had their crying baby with them and it was impossible for me to get any sleep.

Trey and I flew back together and since sleeping was out of the question we talked majority of the time. I wanted to be honest with him about the kiss between me and August but I couldn't find the nerve.

Biting my lip my thoughts became too much and I was no longer sleepy.

Kicking my feet out of frustration I opened my eyes. When I did I noticed that the red walls I dreaded were now a gray color and it actually made it look more peaceful in here. Still dark but not too bad on the eyes. I liked it.