Thirty- Two

Hey my loves.

Key (3 months later)

"Are you going to be ok living alone off campus Key?" My dad asked driver seat while I sat in the passenger seat texting my man.

Aug🙊😋: Mornin bby I miss yo lil mean ass. Probably got yo face frowned up right now -11:13 a.m

Me: 😩 evening and yes I am because I miss you too and like you still so far away. Come back to the states right now and love me dammit!!!! 😾 -11:15 a.m

I hadn't physically saw August since the beginning of may and here it was the middle of July. I missed him of course, but I knew he was doing something he loved so I tried not to complain. I definitely pouted about it a lot though.

Our relationship still wasn't out on front street for my own personal reasons, but I'm sure it wasn't hard to pick up on.

The rest of us were all split up over the summer doing internships or just getting money period.

This year I was able to live off campus and my dad didn't hesitate to buy me an apartment. He claimed he was just being a loving father, but I knew he just wanted me comfortable and himself a peaceful sleep knowing I wasn't in a house full of men. I wasn't tripping though because now I was getting a whole place to myself and I didn't have to deal with a roommate.

"Yes daddy I'll be fine. Once we get the furniture picked out and all that it'll feel more homey." I said looking over at him with a cheesy smile.

"When does I gets an apartment?" Kj asked from the backseat.

"Never." My mom responded causing him to suck his teeth earning a pop to his hand.

I had all of them down here with me helping me settle. The only thing is they would be leaving soon and I'd have to really get the hang of having a house to myself.

"How much longer are you guy's staying?" I asked just so I could mentally prepare myself.

"Well we buy the furniture today. Hopefully we can get everything moved in by tomorrow because our flight leaves early that following morning. Is that right honey or do we leave later?" He asked looking at my mom through his rear view mirror.

"Yes thats right we have a really early flight out Saturday. Your mom is having that program at church that we need to be at and he has a game." She said rubbing Kj's curls.

Rubbing over is mustache my father nodded before looking over at me. "About two more days before you're on your own kid." He grinned nudging my shoulder as I pretended to cry.

"Without you, I'm on my own.
Am I gonna be alone? And if it's only me, myself, and I, will I be fine? So far from home and I just don't know. Am I gonna make it? Brave enough to take this road. Out on my own!" I sang using my water bottle for a mic.

"Just a damn fool." My mama said laughing in the backseat.

"All this energy you got we can put into finding a job." My dad smiled causing me to groan.

"Now why you wanna go and do that love huh?" I asked mocking T.i.

"Keep playing." He threatened causing me to sigh.

"Never let me have joy man." I huffed putting in my earphones.

***

"Move the couch over there so that the tv can be by the cable outlet. I refuse to not have cable." I said sitting at the bar.