Thirty-Four

Key

The guys had managed to finish off the breakfast August cooked and now lied on my couch with the itis.

"Aye Key it's cold den a bitch in here a nigga can't get no cover?" Chris asked as he rubbed his arms.

I'd turned up the air trying to freeze them out. "If it's too cold you could always go home." I smiled standing up with my arms folded.

"You been making little hints about me leaving all morning. I'm starting to think you don't want me here." Chris frowned putting his arms inside his shirt. "But that's too damn bad."

Ash laughed from the kitchen causing me to roll my eyes.

"Since you wanna be here open the door for the cable people jack ass." I said tossing him a throw from the hall closet.

"Gladly." He smiled widely making hisself comfortable.

Walking pass the kitchen Ashton grabbed me looking at me skeptically.

"What Ashton?" I asked annoyed.

"Lose the attitude la'baybeh. You da' one in trouble hea'. I know das Aug car parked outside da gate and I also kno' he da only one wear dat expensive ass cologne like he really goin' somewhea'. And I kno' yo Chicago ass ain't make dem southern ass grits." He whispered with his arms folded.

Sighing I bit my lip looking off to the side. I was a terrible liar and Ash could always read me so there was no use in even trying to lie to him.

I wasn't ashamed of August I just didn't want everyone to know and then shit started going bad. We were good and I wanted to stay that way. As soon as word got around we were dating I knew shit would go from good to bad. Hoes loved him already single so imagine how much they would love him knowing he had a girlfriend.

"Son das foul dawg. Y'all coulda' atleast told me. I feel played. My cousin and my best friend hoochin' and coochin' behind my back."

"We didn't make it official until May. I didn't want to say anything until everybody got back."

"I ain't gone say shit." He said smiling at me all silly.

"What Ashton what?" I laughed.

"Granny baybeh got ha' a real nigga. I kno' he real cuz das my kin people girl." He said pinching my cheeks.

Swatting his hands off I rolled my eyes. "Let me go get my baby out the closet. Y'all niggas agg man. I'm surprised he ain't come out yet."

"Now he's trapped in the closet... Closet... Closet." He laughed. "Das what y'all get fa' lying and tryna be grown. Imma tell yo daddy you gettin' bussed down in dis hea' apartment."

Flipping him off I left the kitchen.

When I went in my room August was in the bed with his phone in his hands. Looking up at me he shook his head before focusing back on his phone.

Sighing I locked my room door before sitting on my bed Indian style looking at him.

"You mad?" I asked with my lip poked out.

"Nah." He said never looking up letting me know that he was indeed upset.

"Why the fuck you lying? Why you always lying? Mmmm oh my God-" he cut me off throwing a pillow at my head.