Seven

Key

After my little stake out with Chris we ended up staying out there all not and not finding anything. He ended up falling asleep and I was up the whole time trying to understand what was going on with Ra.

We could talk to each other about any and everything and now I felt like we were strangers to one another. Ra was my first everything. He was my best friend before anything so if anyone knew me better than I knew myself it was him. Maybe he wasn't out cheating on me. Maybe it was something else or maybe he was cheating and was just damn good at it.

I let my thoughts take over as I walked the courtyard. I was suppose to be meeting him by the student center so we could talk.

Taking my time I ignored the guys who tried to hit me with they "sup la' mama" lines as I continued my stroll.

I made a mental note to call home since I'd been slacking on my communication with my people in Chicago. I was really avoiding calling because I hated to lie about my living arrangements. I knew my dad would ask how I like my roommates. If he was to find out it was five dudes he'd fly down here himself and raise hell. I mean he was cool but some shit just didn't fly with him 8 or 18 he didn't care.

Finally reaching the student center I saw Rakim leaned against the building. He smiled when he saw me. I smiled back against my will because something about that smile made me weak at the knees. He was indeed something to look at.

Walking closer so that I was now I front of him he pulled me into a hug, kissing the side of my face

"What's up?" He asked looking down at me once we broke our embrace.

"Nothing." I shrugged rocking back and forth.

"Yo people called the other day checking on me. They asked how we been." He said running his hand down his face.

"And what you tell them?" I asked sliding my hands into my back pocket.

I think this was the most time Id spent with him in the past two weeks. That's sad.

"I said we was good but shit ion really know how we is right now. You came to my spot doing all the when I told you I wouldn't do you bad like that." He cleared his throat before looking at me.

"Well what am I supposed to think Ra? You don't make it easy to believe that you're not. I ain't never been no insecure chick but you make me feel like you up to something. All I ask is that you be honest with me." I said getting in my feelings.

"I'm being as honest with you as I can." He stressed.

"That's not good enough Ra. Because if the shoe was on the other foot you'd want more from me. I understand that we both got busy class schedules but that's why we came here together. So we could make time for each other. Now I'm the one making time and you can't do the same for me. That's fucked up." I shook my head in frustration.