Forty- Nine

I'm honestly tired of going off on y'all. Like shit is ridiculous. Everything I say go in one ear and out the other because the things continue. Idk who told y'all I couldn't make rules for what I want on my book but they lied. I feel like if I take the time out to write I can express my like and dislike toward certain things. Seeing that the book almost over pls shut tf up and read.

Chapter 49:

August

Everybody was meeting down stairs to go skiing. It took me a la' minute to get dressed seeing that I was debating on going or not. Apart of me was still stuck on how I let key walk away from me last night.

Pulling my beanie over my head I made my way downstairs.

"Bout time nigga. We only been waiting forever and some years on yo slow ass." Chris said complaining as soon as I reached the bottom of the steps.

"Fuck up." I said flicking him off. "Morning everybody." I greeted as they returned the gesture and prepared to leave the house.

Looking around I noticed key wasn't with us and I frowned a little.

"She stayin' with da' kids." Ash said nudging me causing me to nod.

I definitely was going to talk to her before this trip was over whether she wanted to or not. We both had a thing for leaving when we got overwhelmed and this time I was going to put my pride aside and not walk away.

Before we went to the lodge we were stopping for breakfast which I was grateful for because a nigga was hungry as hell.

"What's got you all down in the dumps? It's the day before Christmas Eve you're suppose to be filled with holiday cheer Scrooge." Aziza said sitting next to me at the table as everyone indulged in random conversation.

Shrugging I took a sip of my orange juice. "I'm good jus' got a lot on my mind. Don't let my mood affect your day tho' I'm good." I assured her not elaborating on my personal issues.

"Oh I won't. Your friends are really nice. This is the first time I've been around genuine people so it feels good." She said smiling which made me smile knowing I could do that for her.

Seeing how she interacted with everyone and how happy she truly was reminded me of how key's family made me feel. Had it not been for Key and her big heart I probably would still spend my holidays alone. I had so much love for that girl as just a friend outside of our physical relationship it was crazy.

"So August how is everything coming with the restaurant? I'm really excited to see everything when it's done." Rajah said smiling as she stuffed pancakes in her mouth.

"Yo hungry ass jus' want free food." Ash said to her earning a smack to his head.

Cutting into my steak chuckled lightly and cleared my throat before speaking.

"It's comin' along slowly. I jus' need ta' find a definite location fa' it. I had plans ta' have it in Atlanta since I'm down dea' now but-"

"When you get to Atlanta and when were you going to say something punk?" Rajah scolded pointing her fork at me.

Laughing a little I wiped my mouth. "I been havin' a place down dea' fa' a la' minute. I be outta town tho' so I'm neva' dea'."

Everyone was now tuned into the one conversation.

"That's what's up. I be needing a place to be low key with my out of town freaks." Chris said causing the girls to scoff.