Forty- Two

I don't want to go into too much depth about the court situation so when skip over it or hint on things but don't go into detail dont ask why cuz I just told you.

Key

It had been about three weeks and by the grace of God Odell was awake. We'd all went to see him happy that he was alert only to witness him breakdown in front of our eyes.

The news about him possibly not being able to walk hurt him to the core. The amount of emotions he released was overwhelming. We all felt his pain with him.

He wasn't able to talk much at the moment because it was painful for him due to his neck injury. He would mumble on occasion or write certain things down if he had to.

We'd all take turns going to visit him seeing that our schedules were all over the place, but we wanted him to know we were there for him.

Today was my day and every time I was scared to see him like that. Usually someone was with me but today it was just me.

Sitting outside of his hospital room I bounced my leg out of a nervous habit and bit at my lip.

"Are you going in? He'd really be happy to see you." One of his nurses said as she exited his room rolling her little machine out with her. "He's been a little grumpy today but I'm sure you'll lighten up his mood." She smiled.

Embarrassed I chuckled lightly. "Oh yes of course. Is he decent?" I asked referring to how he was dressed.

"Yes I just changed his bandages and all that so he's good you can go in."

Nodding my head I thanked her before grabbing my purse and standing up.

Walking to the door I took a deep breath before knocking on the door and turning the knob.

Entering his hospital room there were balloons and flowers everywhere along with candy and fruit baskets.

Looking around the room I finally let my eyes fall on Odell who was looking at me. I could just look at him and see that he was in pain.

Not wanting to make him feel weird my staring I gave him a smile before taking a seat in the chair by his bed. "Hey." I said cheerfully.

Looking at him I watched as he lifted his good arm a greeting gesture.

Twisting my lips to the side I looked down at my fingers.

"Wrong wit you?" Odell mumbled causing me to shift in my seat before answering his question.

"Nothing." I lied looking over at him.

He gave me a look that showed he didn't believe me and just stared at me until I spoke again.

"I don't like seeing you like this. Every time I look at you I want to cry. I'm trying not to cry now because I don't want to depress you but this is hard O." I said wiping my face as I could feel tears burning at my eyelids.

"Comere." He mumbled sniffing as he himself was about to cry.

He tried to be so strong but I know this was all taking a toll on him.

Standing up I swallowed hard walking over to his bed side. Reaching his good arm up he held it out for me to hug him.

Being mindful of his condition I was careful not to put all my body wait on him as I embraced him. I could feel his body vibrate as his sniffed and I knew he was crying.

"I gotta walk key." He mumbled still holding on to me. "I got play."

I knew talking to much would put a strain on him so I shushed him. I let him release his emotions as we rocked from side to side.