Chap 12 - My Stepbrother

Anyway, Enjoy it. Let me know your thoughts.

<><><>

" It's nothing, really" he replied. I hate when people say that when it's not true.

" Come on" I convinced.

" Ben and I use to be best friends one day. He meant so much to me. I could trust him with everything and everyone without a single doubt. One day, a girl named Melissa Jordan started to transfer to our school and I should say,   Ben and I had different taste in woman's. She started talking to me, was nice to me and all. We got together and we loved each other. She then told me she had to move to Australia for her family. But she didn't just move she also broke my heart by saying me that she was cheating on me for 3 months with Ben. I flipped out and we never talk to each other, anymore" he sounded disappointed and hurt. I understand that.

"I'm so sorry" I had nothing else to say to him. I mean, that's something terrible to do. Not only Ben but Melissa too. I had this huge guilt inside of me screaming at me. Out of all guys. I was going to make him jealous I mean, hook up with Ben.

" It's nothing, I'm over it" he tried to talk out of it.

" Wanna stop the party?" He asked. I looked at the time and it was already two hours past midnight. I need to sleep.

" Yes please" I sigh.

We both went inside and told everyone to go. It took a lot of time to get them all out of the house but once we did, we both went upstairs.

" Katy?"

" Mmh" I jump on my bed.

" Can I sleep in your bed with you tonight?" He asked. He must have been upset that doesn't want to be alone, right now. I understand that.

" Sure" I sigh and jump aside for him to lay there beside me. I closed my eyes trying to sleep, but I just couldn't knowing mike is sleeping right next to me.

"Kate" he whispered.

" Yeah, Mike" I smiled, even if he couldn't see me.

" Otherwise, I hate your guts. Thank you" okay. I'm confused here. Michael Thomson is thanking me. That's something you'll never hear.

" For?" I had to ask him. He was literally 20 cm away from me. I could hear his long breaths and I could smell his mint shirt.

" For being you. Lex would've never understood me." He sighs, closing his eyes. The curtain was half open and the moon was shining on his face.

" You're welcome Michael Thomson" I called him by his full name.

" Whatever, Katerina Dilgara Hamilton" he copied me.

" Don't call me that" ever since my dad's terrible death, I've always hated people calling me by my full name. My dad used to call me that and he loved my full name. He also thought that it sounded more beautiful. I hate being reminded of my dad, it just makes me sad and emotional and life's too short to hold onto something that will never change.

" Why," he asked out of curiosity.

" It's nothing" I lied, I had to. I've known this guy for a month.

" Okay."

" Mike?"

" Yes, babe" that's something new. Babe, don't call me that.

Admit it. You like it.

The stupid voice inside of me kept repeating.

" Why are you with Lexi, when you don't love her and can't control her?" I ask, why be with someone you can't figure out and don't know where they are.

" I don't know. It's just, she makes me laugh again. After Melissa, she was just my shoulder to cry on. " he sighs. I could see the hurt in his eyes from mentioning Melissa's name.

" What do you think Melissa is doing right now?" I don't know why I said that.

" I don't know" he shrugs " I guess she's in college. She got a phone call from the college over there saying she doesn't have to finish the senior year, so our school gave her permission to graduate and there she goes off." He said so emotionless. I couldn't read the emotions on this face or in his eyes.

" Actually, I'm sleeping in my own room." He snapped, just like that.

What did I do?

"Mike" I whispered, but he was already gone. Did I do something?

I tried not to think about it and close my eyes hoping tomorrow will be better.

* Morning*

I opened my eyes to the sunlight hitting half of my room and the sound of birds. I pulled myself up from the bed and rushed to the bathroom. I opened the door and mikes bathroom door was open and his room seemed empty.

I hope he's okay

I did as usual and walked down the stairs. Luke and my mom were drinking coffee and chatting. I hat to interrupt

" Ehem" I cleared my throat and they both chuckled " Good morning sweets" my mom greeted and Luke smiled gently.

" Where is mike?" Was the first thing I asked them.

They looked around with their heads worried "we don't know"

" He's probably with some friends, " Luke said. He's probably right.

" I'm going to watch movies on my laptop," I said and they nodded.

" Where is he?" I asked myself.  I pulled my phone out and dial Mikes number.

" Hello, it's Mike"

" Hello, mike where -"

" haha like, it's voicemail. Leave a message "

" Ugh" I sigh, took my MacBook out and watched some movies.

I continued watching movies until it was 2 Am. I know, once I start watching something, I never stop. My body couldn't bear to be awake for 2 more minutes. So I just fell asleep without closing the laptop.

After a while, I felt someone's hand touching mine, so I jumped up and was about to scream when he started covering my mouth with his hands.

" It's me, Mike," he said and it let me sigh of relief.

" Where have you been?" Was the first question of course.

" I - I"