Chap 37 - My Stepbrother

Mike's Point of view

I couldn't think straight. I was sitting at the hospital chair waiting for an answer from the doctors. Should I call dad and Elizabeth? Maybe I shouldn't. I don't know. I'm freaking out. If my babe dies. Then I don't know what I'll do. What's should I do?! I can't let her die. It's my fault. If I weren't in the kitchen, then she would still be here. I could've cached her.

" Hamilton" A doctor came to the waiting room and I rushed over to her. " Yes" I say, real quick. I just want a good answer. " I have bad and good news" she say. " The good first" I nervously say and she nodded, looking down at her papers.

" She's alive. She will be fine. " she said and I sigh. That's really good news. What can be bad then?

" The bad is we found out why she fell down the stairs" She informed me and I was so confused. There was a reason she fell. I thought she was tired and exhausted. " She had drugs in her system" she let out and I laugh.

" That's a funny joke" I continue laughing " Drugs" mocking her.

" Sir I'm not joking. She had drugs in her system, witch caused her to fall" she seriously said. I widen my eyes. Drugs?! Kate is not doing drugs. She doesn't even know how to use them.

" I'm sorry but, you've got the wrong one. Katey is never doing drugs. She doesn't even know how!!" I Inform her, angrily. " Can I see her?!" I ask, looking away from her . " Yes of corse , this way." She led me to the door and walked away. I opened and walked in. I saw Katey sitting and playing with her neckless. " Hi" I smiled.

" Hey babe" She replied and I literally just melted. She called me babe?

" Come sit" she said and I nodded sitting beside her.

" Katey... If you were doing drugs. You would tell me, right...?!" I ask, why did I?! I have to know whether it's true or not.

" No" she said harshly." I'm not" she let out, angrily and I laid down beside her to calm her down.

" Don't worry babe. Everything will
Be okay.." I calmed her down.

Knock

Knock

Knock.

" Come in"

There was a detective that appeared and both Kate and I looked at each other. " Hey Katerina Hamilton. I'm detective Shawn. I want to ask you some questions." He said and I shook my head " She's tired. I'll answer them" I said and escorted him outside the room.

" Hello" he shook my hand and I returned. " Hi"

" Okay. What drugs did she take?!" He cleared his throat and I shook my head.

" Look. Kate is not doing drugs and I know this because I freaking also at share a room with her and I'm with her all the time. Either she's been drugged or there's a misunderstanding" I snapped at him and he nodded writing everything down. " Very well. Does she have any enemies at school. " he say and I think... After a few seconds. Oh
My god, no. It can't be. She wouldn't want to go this far.

" Yes , Lexi" I say " But I don't know.... She can't go this far. It's too far." I panic. " Why would you think she did it." He ask.

" it's because she was jealous that I broke up with her and is with Kate. She wanted me all to herself" I let out and he nodded " Thank you for your time. I'll be in touch soon" he said and left the hospital. Why my sweet and innocent Kate. There's only one thing that will help her out from this danger.

I walked in the room and she was playing something on her phone. I took a deep breath.

" I'm Breaking up with you"