Chap 19 - My Stepbrother

I was frozen while looking at Luke and my mom giggling, whispering something in each other's ears.

" Kate, Come I'm going to show you something in my room," Mike said and I nodded not saying anything at all. We both walked away from there and towards Mikes room.

We opened the door and Mike closed it behind us. How can this happen? I mean, I thought they were going to break up. My mom has never had a man long enough to marry him after my dad.

" What Now?" Mike asked freaking out like I did.

" We let them marry each other," I said and he raised his eyebrows.

" Are you insane. If they find out that we kissed." He yelled, but I interrupted.

" They won't." I walked towards the window and looked at the beautiful sunset. He walked behind me and kissed my cheek. " Okay."

" But we can't keep going" I turned around to see his soft, red kissable lips. I shake my head and looked into his hurtful eyes. " What?" I ask cause he was just staring at my eyes and it's freaking me out. I don't like Mike that way. I think he's a douchbag, but a cool friend. We only kissed cause we felt like it. "Nothing," he said with no expression, at all. " Nothing at all" he continued and walked out of the room. It's his room. He could've told me to go out.

I walked into the bathroom and in my room. I walked over to the curtains and pulled it, not wanting any sunrise or something waking me up in the morning. Tomorrow is Friday and I'm so glad, honestly. And we're having a beach party. Not exactly a party. But close to it.

I laid on my bed laid on my peaceful and amazing bed and the moment Mike and I had come to my mind. It was really something. I giggled to myself of the thought that me Kate Hamilton kissed Mike Thomson, the most popular guy in Joseph High.

" Thinking of me?" I heard a voice and I jump. The room is dark, so I couldn't see any figure or something.

" I never thought that minds sounded real" I whispered to myself, but heard a chuckle on my door and that's when I jumped off my bed and turned on my flashlight from my phone that was on my bedside table. " Please don't kill me" I begged, but the figure came closer and I flash on its face. " Mike" I sigh in relief. " Can you please" his eyes were closed from the light flashing in his eyes. Oh, I turned off the flashlight and placed my phone back on the table.

" What are you doing here?" I ask and I could feel him touching my bare stomach due to I was wearing only a tank top and some really short shorts.
I pulled his hand away. " Could you not" I didn't mean to come out harshly but it did. " Why are you like that?" Oh, he is asking me? " you're asking me? You're the one that's been all touchy all of a sudden" I crossed my arms over my chest but he couldn't see it probably.

" Fine," he said, " And don't you have a girlfriend?" I say sarcastically. He shook his head. " I broke up with her," he said and I lifted my eyebrows. They've been together for about a months or so, why? " Why"

" Because I was tired of all her Jealousy and bitchiness" he sigh. He feels hurt. I don't blame him. He's been through a lot, since Melissa. I get it.

" Sorry, but you need to know that I'm not some girl you can turn to when you're sad or feeling alone. I'm sorry but I have feelings too, you know" I never knew I could say this straight face to him, but I'm Proud of myself.

" I know, and I'm sorry. You deserve better than a one night stand or something" he said and walked away.

" Wait, you didn't answer my first question" he looked confused, well that's what I'm thinking, cause I can't see anything.

" Oh, I thought I could sleep with you the night. Just sleep, but you made it pretty clear I can't" his voice was down and I felt sorry for him. I have my priorities, yes. But I'm still his friend and friends have each other's back. And I think he needs that right now. He must miss Melissa I think he thought being with Lexi would help him forget her, but didn't.

" You can stay" I whisper. And he walked back and laid on the other side as I did the same. I drifted to sleep, after hearing him whisper.

" you're a good friend, Kate"

*

My alarm went off and I turned it off, groaning before standing up and seeing Mike sleeping on my bed. Well, good thing he slept on his side. He looked so cute, like a baby. He looked like he slept really peaceful and nice.

" Good morning" I greeted Mike who had his eyes half open. He let out a moan and stood up. " Good morning" he returned and walked into the bathroom. We both did our morning routines and dressed up. I was wearing a cute black dress with my leggings and some black boots. I was going all black today. I love black.

I walked down the stairs and to the smell of blueberry pancakes. I moan at the thought that I'm going to eat pancakes soon.

I made my way to the kitchen and saw Mike standing there making pancakes. I didn't know he could cook. I smiled and pulled an apple and a bottle of water in my backpack and sat on the barstool. Mike took a plate and placed a pancake and made a happy face on it. I smiled and he poured me some orange juice. " I could get used to this" I moan, my mouth full of delicious pancakes. He chuckles and shakes his head of my craziness.

" What?" I ask still having pancakes in my mouth. He laughed " You are something else, Katerina." He shakes his head, once again and stood in front of
me eating pancakes.

" These are good" I pointed towards the pancakes and he smiled " Thank you"

He looked at his watch and his eyes went wide " Late" was the only Think he said that made us hurry to the door and to his car. I opened the passenger seat and he sat in the driver's seat obviously.

When we arrived everybody was looking at us. Talking and staring at us coming out of his BMW. I should've worn my sunglasses to feel even cooler. We opened the exit door and everybody moved away. I giggled and people kept staring at us. Finally, Cal and Dave walked towards us with their eyes wide open. " Everybody knows" was the first thing Calvin said.

" What" my eyes widen. Do they know about the kiss? Holy Shit.

" About the breakup. Lexi posted that she broke up with you because you were in love with someone else and everybody is dying to find out who. So they think it's Kate since you too have been hanging out much" David says and Mike and I looked at each other. What now?

" Oh My God" I heard Lexis voice behind us and we all turned around.

" There is the boyfriend stealer" and everybody looked at us. The crowd was shocked, as was I.

" What!" I yell. " It's not me!" I tried to save my butt, but apparently, they prefer their Queen Lexi, then a new girl who's hanging with the popular's.

<><><>

Bye bitches!