Chap 51 - My Stepbrother

[ Kate's Point of view]

I can't believe he did this for me. How? He booked a house for two days for a birthday present. Like seriously, I turned 18 and I'm already in Europe.

I looked around admiring the place. How can a house be this beautiful? It's amazing and it's breathtaking. I squealed mentally. I tried to look casual, but honestly u can't. Come one, it's a beach house booked for ME! Katerina Hamilton.

" Do you like it?" Michael asked, kissing my cheek. I grinned and nodded way too quickly. He had a boyish grin on his face that made my heart flutter. I smirks at the thought of having Mike in my life. He's an amazing boyfriend and I've never felt this way about anyone before.

" Princess, let's go upstairs." I nod and cuddle my hand on his strong arm. His eyes started twinkling and he had a huge smile on his face. This is going to be the best two days of my life. As I was about to inter the big looking room my phone started ringing. I looked at the ID and saw my mothers name. I groan and answered.

" Hello" I heard someone sniffle, my mother had been crying.

" What is it mother"

" Mother" I once again asked.

" Yes baby, come home please. Luke left me for another woman last night. And I need you to bring your ass home" She was sad, but still trying to sound harsh.

The thing I hated the most about my mother, was she always pushes me inside a hole when she can't get out of it. She always tries to drag me down with her. I'm sick and tired of it.

" No! And now that you and Luke aren't dating I have something to tell you. Mike and I are happy and very much in love" I screamed inside the phone and hung up quickly not wanting to hear her yell at me.

I walked inside the room, seeing Mike packing his stuff out. I gave him a weak smile.

" What's wrong" he stepped closer to me. I tried to talk, but couldn't. Instead I just shook my head. I could feel tears slipping out of my eyes and the next thing I know, I sopped on Mike's shirt. We hugged each other and he kept whispering " It's okay" in my ears.

" My mother" I started telling him, while walking over to the bed and sitting on it with Mike beside me.

" its just. When my mother moved me to Florida and told me she was getting married, I was devastated. My dad died one year from now and it's been the most hardest year of my life. If it weren't for Matt, then I wouldn't have known what to do. He was really helpful through everything and he told me everything was going to be fine, just as I was recovering my mother started dating this guy named Luke and I was heartbroken, because it's only been a year and my mother was already engaged. It made me feel as if my mother didn't even think about my father" I was sobering and my voice was starting to break. Mike took my head and laid it on his chest. I could feel his heart beating and just like that I started drifting of to sleep.

Before I feel asleep, I heard Mike whisper.

I would never leave you and I'm always here, baby. I love you.

-

I know it's short, but I've been seriously stressing with exams and if I get in to college or not. I've got bags under my eyes and it's serious. I don't have time to watch any series or even wattpad.

Wish me luck

Love you all so very much