Chap 18 - My Stepbrother

Hey, thanks for reading. I'm doing what I can to try and make it good and worth reading. I know that there is a lot Of grammar and stuff, but I'm just going to edit the whole book once I'm finished with it.
I know you wanna kill me, but do it will kindness haha

<><>

I smiled and tried to be patient and wait for what he's going to say. " Yeah" I tried to keep him going, but he was just blank. What the.... He told me he had something to tell? And now he's just....Frozen... Looking at the locker!

" Mike?" I wave my hands in front of his face.
" Yeah?" He finally responded, shaking his head towards me.
"Yeah, will you come to eat lunch with me?..." He raised his eyebrows "After school?" He asked, looking down at his feets. I mean, it's not a date or anything. I can go with him... As..Siblings...! Or friends. Whatever.

" Fine". I replied walking towards the cafeteria. " Can I sit with you guys today? I want to get to know Cal & Dave a bit more. They are cool" I lick my lips and he nodded " Sure"
I walked over to their table and they all waved nicely at me.

" Hey, Kate." Calvin was the first to greet me. He's so nice, he's chill and doesn't give a flying thing about anything. He's got some trust issues, like me. And he's not an open book.

" I'm good" I took a seat in between Mike and David.

" So, where is Lexi?" I asked Mike and he chuckled " I don't know" he replied and I looked around. " Isn't you're girlfriend supposed to sit with you?" I raised my eyebrows and they all chuckled.

" Ehmm, No" he bitted his lips and ate his burger along with his fries.

" Why not..." was the only thing I could say. I'm sitting with the popular and everyone is talking and looking at our table.

" Because can we just change the subject?" He sighs, looking down at his food.

I nod, continued eating my food.
" So, I think we should do something this weekend" Calvin started a conversation and all of us nodded.
" What?" I ask, looking at him with a questioning look. " Beach, here we come" he trailed his fingers through his hair.
" Yeah man," David shouted giving Calvin a high five for coming up with that idea.

Beach sounds fun, but I can't go with 3 guys. I need a girl with me and I know exactly who.

" I'm bringing two friends" I add and they just nodded. " Sure"

This should be fun.

*

I opened the door to my house and throw my backpack on the floor. I stepped into the kitchen and took out a bottle of water and continued walking to my room.

I opened my door and laid on my bed, thinking of Mike. Why was he so weird today? Something must've happened. Or maybe he was just being nice, it's not hard to believe.

" Dear god, what have you done to that jackass?" I whispered and looked around in my room of boredness. Do you know that time when you just
Look around in you're room and spot something, then you take it, but it's still boring.? Well, that's me right now.

I looked around and saw my guitar laying there. I smiled at the memories I had with my dad. I always use to play with my dad and he'd love my voice. I never played after he passed away, except for his funeral. I walk over there and took it and sat back down on my bed.

I played a little, the music going through my ears.

I'm only one call away.
I'll be there to save the day, Superman got nothing on me.
I'm only one call away.

I sang but stopped when I heard the door open to my room. " Go away, Mike"
" Geez, woman" Mikes annoying voice said and sat beside me on my bed.

" I had no idea you played this and were that good." He complimented me. I blushed and stood up to lay the guitar down.
He stared at me the whole time and I thought I had something on my face, but he would've busted into laughter if I had, so why is he staring like a creep?

" Why are you staring at me?" I raised my eyebrow and he licked his lips looking at my face and down at my lips.

" What?" I ask, once again.

" Nothing, why don't I show you instead?" He said softly and his voice was goddamn sexy.

His body leans into mine, pushing me hard against the wall. His soft lips grazing over mine when before I knew it, his tongue slips between my lips. Skimming my tongue with his, my body fills with an urge I cannot go through with. This urge causes me to pull away, and state into his eyes with passion yet telling him I can't. Instead, I found myself enjoying his body touching mine and his arms around my waist. I leaned in and kissed him again, but this time, no one pulled away. My mind was screaming no, but My Body didn't listen somehow. It's like I couldn't pull
away.

He leaned back and looked into my eyes. " Wow" he whispered and I blushed. " Yeah" that was my first kiss and I would always hear girls saying it was magical and stuff, but I didn't believe it until now. It was really something. But I can't. He's my stepbrother and I can't ever be with him. Great, my stepbrother stole my first kiss, fantastic Kate.

" What now?" I ask, he smirks.

" I don't know. I guess we continue." He said and I shakes my head " No"

" Why not?"

" I don't know. Maybe Because our parents are getting married, soon." I said sarcastically. He nodded and walked away. " Let me know if you changed your mind" he closed my door and left.

My phone rang and I pulled it out and took it. " Hello"

" Yes honey, come downstairs." My mom said and I huff.
" Okay"
I walked directly to the door and down the big fancy stairs.

" Yes Mom" I shouted and walked to the living room where Luke, Mike, and my mom was sitting and waiting for me. This must be important.

" Honey sit down" Mom ordered and I did. I sat beside Mike and Luke and mom sat beside each other holding hands.

" We are having an engagement party in 2 weeks.!" Mom said and I dropped my jaw. In 2 weeks, God. I'm dying right now, help me.

" Congratz," I said and looked at Mike who was just as surprised as I was.

They are really getting married.

<><><>

Hey lovers, their first kiss. I was planning on doing it in chapter 20. But couldn't wait.

Let me know your thoughts.! Bye!