Chap 39 - My Stepbrother

As Calvin and I are walking side by side
The public entrance is on the side street side away from the State Road. There are two glass doors to walk through to get inside.

Once inside to the left is the old dispatcher room with a large glass sliding window.

The communications section has now been moved to the Sheriff's department to have a centralized E-911 dispatch.

Now around the corner to the right is the Street and Water department offices as well as the mayor's office. Straight ahead is the door to the fire department truck bay.

To the left of the door is the stair case that leads to the second floor. Turning right takes you to a hall way that Ts at the end. Walking back the hall way the door to your left is the one restroom.

At the end of the hall is a big ceiling to floor mural of the departments shield. To the right at the end of the hall way is the chief's office. Across from the chief's office is storage.

To the left is the squad room. Upstairs has a room set aside for evidence.

There was a man coming our way and smiling at us, looking at his papers and then us. " Are You Ms Hamilton?" He ask, I took a deep breath and nodded.

" I don't have to tell you this situation again. You've probably heard it." He say. " I'm officer Jackson." He took out his hand and I shook it, nodding.

" And this is..?" He looked at Calvin and I smiled " A friend. He can come" I nervously say. I didn't want to go in a police office alone. I don't believe that Mike left me at the hospital. He left me because he thought that it was me. He didn't want to see me hurt, by doubt drugs.

" Okay. I'm gonna ask you a few questions and you'll answer" officer Jackson say smiling at me.

I nodded

" have you ever done drugs?" He ask, I shook my head. " No officer" I could hear my voice breaking from fear. Calvin could too, that's why he grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

" Who do you think did this to you?" He ask, I thought of this for a second. If I tell them it's Emily, then they will ask her to come in and she'll know that I know and then our plan won't work

I shook my head. " I really don't know who has this for me. I think I'm being stalked by a psychopath at my school" I sigh, he nodded writing it down.

" very well. We will have this situation handled. Please go home and rest. If you suspect anything give me a call." He handed me his cart and I smiled.

" Thank you officer, but can I ask you something?" I frown.

" Yes"

" Aren't you supposed to arrest me for having illegal drugs?" I let out and he nodded. " Yes, but not when we don't have prof you actually did it. Yes, there were test, but you could've been drugged. And I think you are, an innocent girl like you wouldn't be able to do such things" he smiled and I returned just the same.

" Thank you"

Both Calvin and I walked out of the police station. I didn't want to go home to see Mike. I can't look him in the eyes.

" Can I stay at your place?" I ask Calvin and he nods. " Sure. My car is this way"

<><>

Calvin and I Were watch movies in his bed and it's close to midnight. I was close to fall asleep, when Calvins phone vibrated.

Calvin looked at it and walked out, having the door half open.

" What do you want?" Who calls him late this time? Perhaps he has a secret girlfriend or something.

Not wanting to Eavesdrop. I pulled my head closer to hear.

" Yes Mike, Kate is here. Leave her alone" Calvin snapped, my heart raced as fast as it possibly could. It was Mike?

" Don't you ever say that to me. You were the one to leave her at a hospital, when she needed you the most. You are a real dick. Nobody ever does that to a poor innocent girl. She's never done anything to you and you leave her.?" He yelled, I could hear it perfectly fine. I've never seen or heard Calvin so upset and angry at something. He really is a great Friend.

" You can suck it. Don't bother coming over here. I won't let you in, cause idiots aren't aloud in this house" he yelled, before I could hear him come towards me. I hesitate and watch the movie.

" Tough phone call?" I ask, he looked at me with worried eyes and smiled.

" Yes, actually" he opened his arms for me and we cuddled in each other's arms, until we both fell asleep.