<> 1 <>

November 3, 2:15 pm
Saffron City Detention Facility

Jetlag was not kind to the poor lawyer. He didn't know why he had agreed to fly all the way out into the middle of nowhere to represent a sudden, bogus client. This wasn't his thing. In fact, the only reason he came was to inquire why the client had offered him so much money just to come and think about taking the trial. An astronomical amount indeed, which was something that puzzled him. He knew nothing about the client except that she was stationed in the particular detention center, and that her name was Sabrina. He didn't even know how she found him in the first place. It was all a mystery to him. However, a clearer picture emerged when he arrived at the facility.

Masses of reporters stood by the front stairs,and the man watched as many lawyers left the building, balling with their tails tucked between their legs. It was rather sad indeed; he had never heard of a guilty client that went through lawyers like tissues. Defense lawyers were scarce, and good ones were as rare as diamonds in the rough. There wasn't much money in the business because the majority of the time defendants were tried as guilty. Prosecution lawyers were typically as sharp as knives and the police usually knew what they were doing.

Glancing at the newspaper in his hands, his eyes scanned the headlines. Perhaps he would find out something about his client within it. He assumed that perhaps his client was someone famous or dangerous, or perhaps even both.

"Silph Co. Stock Prices Lowering to the Competition of Devon Corporation!"

"Executive Ariana Captured a Year After Golden Rocket Murder!"

"Pewter City Geodudes Win 7-5 Against Nimbasa Emolgas!"

"Tragic Blackout in Vermillion City Causes Car Accident Killing 4!"

"Earthquake Strikes Cerulean Cape!"

"Award Winning Authors of Books Nights Without Arceus and A Champion in Disguise To Tour Sinnoh Together!"

"Dexholders Gold Proposes to Dexholder Crystal!"

"Skeleton Fished From Silence Bridge!"

Nothing about his client in the news. Whatever the reason for the media storm though, he did not care. He simply wished to make his point and perhaps see if this was a case worth taking. If it was not, he would oblige to be one of the people stalking out of the building. This case was not his responsibility. All he came for was to have his questions answered.

Taking a deep breath, he finally veered away from the crowd. It was his turn to walk up the catwalk of shame that was separated off by velvet line barriers. Cameras clicked and people shouted at him, and he reminded himself that he was not particularly keen on fame despite the fact he had achieved it for himself. He tried his best to remain emotionless, not letting the cameras see anything. It was difficult as the exhaust was something he could not hide from his eyes. The travel had taken a toll on him and he was not in his best thoughts.

Walking in, he found a pair of officers, sitting at the front desk, laughing. No doubt to him that they'd been watching the spectacle outside, as he himself had found it entertaining to an extent. Seeing that he had entered the building, the two looked at him.

"You another lawyer?" asked an officer with brown hair.

He said, serious in demeanor, "Yes. I'm here about a client who called me. Sabrina, she said her name was?"

"Oh ho!" shouted the other officer. "Just wait till you get in there. She's rejected 20 lawyers already today. Don't get your hopes up. She's only talks to the hardcore guys, and the rest she sends out crying. The anger issues has are beyond scary."