<> 46 <>

December 2nd, 8:30 am
Saffron City Police Department

Snow and wet slush lined the nearest third of the police department to the door. Lights were strung above the massive emblem behind the counter to the reception and a christmas tree was perched in the far back corner. Clearly the office wanted to be on vacation, but none were. People were teetering from lack of sleep and more investigation fallacies. The receptionist was sleeping with her head on the desk. A cup of coffee still steaming sat next to her face. He felt pity, she must have conked off before having the caffeine to wake her up in her system.

His trek through the police station continued. No one said anything as he continued on. Detective Looker was not at the crime scene, so naturally he would be in the police station. He continued on. A meeting with the chief of police and the press was going on in one room. He headed over to the coroner's office. Looker was not there either. Edgeworth wracked his brain. The only other place he could think of looking was the detention center.

A short walk took him there. Since his venture into the alleyway last night, it had been snowing. That made things easier in terms of providing Swan relief with her injury. She had been put out of the playing field for the time being due to the injury of her hand. That was for the best. He had to see about a number of matters that did not concern her, and would be best if she were not there. He could not afford a repeat of yesterday.

Looker was at the detention center to Edgeworth's thankfulness. He stood in front of Executive Ariana's cell. Edgeworth could tell he was frustrated. They both needed a victory. He wondered what Interpol had to say about the numerous scandals that he was overseeing. This was probably beneficial to him. If he did something about it, that was. And Executive Ariana was most likely getting in the way.

"Detective," Edgeworth cleared his throat.

Detective Looker did not look away from the woman in red. "Pink suit."

"It's wine red," he corrected.

Looker shook his head. "Not as much as her hair. Out of all things, that was probably the reason she was able to be identified."

"I see. Have you been able to get anything out of her?" Edgeworth asked.

The detective said, "Nothing. She just sits there, staring at the wall. As much as the police are delaying her investigation, we can't ignore it forever. She will walk free eventually because of the law of the land."

Edgeworth knew he could not allow that to happen. Not after what happened to everybody involved in the Team Rocket affairs. She deserved to be prosecuted for her deeds. In fact, he was sure that if he could find the file, the solution to prosecuting her would become evident. All he had to do was find it. That would not happen in the near future, however. Perhaps at the very least he could stall for time and get her to talk.

"Can I try speaking to her then? It probably won't yield anything, but it's at least worth a try. Maybe she'll talk to someone who's not a part of the police force?" Edgeworth suggested.

Detective Looker said, "Fine. I'll have them buzz you in. Do not get disheartened if she doesn't speak to you. There's not much hope in terms of that."

"Don't worry. Sabrina has already beat that feeling into me," Edgeworth said.

Looker nodded and headed off. His footsteps echoed down the hall to where Edgeworth felt alone again, staring at the fierce glare of the woman on the other side of the glass. He bowed his head. If he could handle Sabrina and Proton, he could take her. Besides, there was the feeling that there was a reason that she was captured when she was. He had yet to work out the puzzle pieces though. A buzz sound let him know it was time for him to come in.