<> 21 <>

Wright shivered. His employer holstered the charcoal black gun back on his belt. The man glanced at the thermostat.

"It's still broken, sir," Wright whispered.

The man scoffed. "The cold keeps one alert."

"Absolutely, forget I said anything," he responded.

There was a fierce glare that came from him. "Now that we have that over, lawyer scum, let's get down to business."

"What do I say at the trial tomorrow, sir?" Wright asked.

He said, "The pink suit suspects Angel Swan. We give her to him-"

"You're going to let her pay for your crime?" Wright asked in disbelief.

He slapped the lawyer. "So help me! Don't ever interrupt me again!"

"Absolutely sir," Wright said after a pause.

He sneered. "Of course I will not let Angel pay for her service to this organization. She is loyal to us, and therefore she will rise. No, I want you to do something different."

"Sir?" Wright asked, being mindful of the rules not to name him by name.

He raised his head, playing with the hem of his red gloves. "Let him prove that Swan could have been the killer. Then challenge him on her motive and show him this. This should take care of things."

Wright gasped when he got his eyes on the photograph. "Is it real? What if they question it?"

"Then give them this. Don't watch it until you get to court. This will send Sabrina down memory lane," his employer said.

He slid across a tape. The white strip that was typically supposed to hold the label had been colored in a blood red so that the letters underneath could not be seen.

"Are you-?" Wright began.

His employer cut him off. "I am absolutely sure this is the correct tape."

"Yes sir. I will do everything you ask, sir," Wright said, filled with fear.

The man left for the door. "And Wright..."

"Yes sir?"

"Do get some sleep. Even if I do control a majority of the police, there's always that one do-gooder that will notice the things like the horrendous circles under your eyes."

Wright did as requested, but did not sleep well. Nightmares of guns and shots to the heart were too strong to control.