Chapter 1

↣ Vanessa  POV ↣

"Vanessa please, it will be good for you to come with us!" She pleaded.

Lisa has been asking me for about an hour to go on a double date with her Mitch and a friend his... I think his name was Jordan.

"Twin please understand I really want to be alone.." Truth is I would love to go eat pizza and go dominate at arcade games, but I'm so scared that I'm going to see him.. I'm scared to get my heart broken again.

"Okay Vanessa Belen. Your choice but do yourself a favor." She smiles while crossing her arms.

"Depends what it is.." "Okay watch Mitch and his friends play Minecraft. They're actually really funny; maybe they'll cheer you up." She started to ramble on and on about Hunger Games, Money Wars and Party Games.

"Okay Lisa" I laugh as I cut off her rambling. "Calm down dude, your gonna be late for your date with Mitcchh."

"Oh shit. Okay okay I'm going. Do I look okay?" She doesn't even wait for an answer just rambles on. "Jerome is going to be third wheeling hardcore.. Are you sure you don't wanna go?" She asked giving me a pleading look.

"Damn I thought his name was Jordan. Yeah.. Nah tell Jerome I'm sorry. Go have fun.. I'll check out those videos." I gave her a small smile. She nodded and with that she was out the door.

I laid back on my bed covering myself with a thin peach colored blanket.

I guess I'll look into those videos. I feel like it's been weeks since I've been out of the apartment. What am I going to do though? I'm heartbroken.. I loved him.. Yet he cheated.

I get up and go to my desk grabbing my laptop. I open up YouTube and type in "Mitch Minecraft."

Hundreds of results popped up. I clicked on the first video I see.

"Hey what's going on guys! It's Mitch or BajanCanadian here with Jerome and we're gonna play some hunger deens!"

4 hours later

"And don't forget to slap dat like button wit your forehead.. Let's try to get this video to ten thousands likes."

I get up off my bed and stretch. Damn I've watched at least ten videos.. Mostly Hunger Games with Jerome.

I close my laptop and put it back on the desk. I turn on the beats pill and connected my phone to the Bluetooth.  I put on True Friends by Bring Me The Horizon

"I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you
Cause I'll forget but I'll never forgive you
Don't you know, don't you know
True friends stab you in the front?

It's funny how things work out
Such a bitter irony
Like a kick right to the teeth
It fell apart right from the start
But I couldn't even see the forest for the trees
(I'm afraid you asked for this)"

Lisa should be home in about an hour so I decide to hop into the shower.

Maybe I should've gone on that double date.. Jerome seems like a pretty cool guy and he's funny.. We he sounds like a cool guy from his videos.

But I can't get involved with another boy. I won't allow myself too.

I grab a pair of pink and grey plaid pajama bottoms and a black tank top. I'm so grateful for Lisa.. She let me move in with her after what happened with him back in college..

Even though it happened about a month ago I'm still not over it.. He destroyed me. I mean when you catch your boyfriend of two years cheating on you with a friend of yours.. It hurts.

I undressed and took a look at myself in the mirror. I took my light brown hair out of the messy bun and let it flow down my back. I brushed it out looking at the pink tips I did myself.

I could see the faded lines on my thighs and stomach. Then I look at the ones on my wrist.. those are not so faded.

I shook my head at my thoughts. I changed the song on my phone to Kids in the Dark by All Time Low

"Here we are,
At the end of the road - a road that's quietly caving in,
Come too far to pretend that we don't - we don't miss where we started,
Looking back, I see a setting sun and watch my shadow fade into the floor."

I hop into the shower and begin to sing.

"They left us alone, The kids in the dark,
To burn out forever, Or light up a spark,
We come together, State of the art,
We'll never surrender, The kids in the dark,
So let the world sing,
"What a shame,
What a shame,
Beautiful scars
On critical veins,
Come together, State of the art, We'll never surrender, The kids in the dark, The kids in the dark."

I got to remember to thank Lisa for showing me the world of Minecraft on YouTube.. It did help.

1 hour later

I hear the door open. "Lisa? Is that you?.." I asked cautiously. "Yeah Twin I'm home already!" She yelled

"Good. How did it go?" I yelled as she walked into my room.

"It went really good. The boys acted like.. Well boys. Turning everything into a competition, especially basketball." She laughed.

I chuckled. "Well it's good you three had fun." "I could tell Jerome was upset he didn't get to meet you." She said while giving me a small smile . I quickly turned away from her so she couldn't see the light blush appear on my cheeks. Wait.. I'm blushing?

"Oh shut up. He hasn't even met me." I said shyly, still turned away. Why do I feel like this.. I haven't even met him myself.

"Oh come on Vanessa. I know your blushing." She says while laughing.

"Gosh Lisa just go to bed. Leave me alone dood." I mumble.

"What did you just say?! You watched their videos did you? You just said dood!" She says excitedly.

"So?.." I trail off. "Shut up twin. Go shower you stank." I flop down onto my bed, burying my embarrassed face in the pillow.

"Goodnight Vanessa. Sweet dreams." She closes the door and I hear her laugh as she walks to her room.

[A/N] First off I want to thank everyone who read the first chapter in I don't believe in love it means a lot. This is my first story and it's crazy to say I have all the chapters pre-written. So this story will be completed. I hope you enjoy :)