Chapter 3

Chapter 3 

Vanessa POV

We all sat on the couch and discussed what we were gonna do with our day. Well it was more Lisa, Mitch and Jerome discussing. I just sat and listened.

"How about we go and watch the Deadpool movie?" I perked up as soon as I heard Mitch's suggestion.

"Yes!" Jerome and I said in unison. We looked at each other and smiled. "Movie theater it is!" Lisa said while giving Mitch a "Thank you" look. I have to question her about that later.

We stood and followed Lisa out the door. We walked out the garage where the cars were parked.

We decided to go in Lisa's classic '67 convertible Chevy Impala. Gosh I love this car, but not as much as my '69 Corvette.

Lisa sat in the drivers while Mitch was in the passenger and Jerome and I hopped into the back.

"Put the top down!" I yelled at Lisa with a smile on my face. This had to be my favorite part. "Already on it girl." She laughed.

We headed off to the movie theater when I noticed something that made me laugh. "Hey guys? Were all wearing sunglasses." Both Mitch and Jerome looked around and started laughing as well.

Lisa turned on the radio and put it on "The Heat." The original Hip hop and R&B radio. I just hope no weird songs come on.

"Oh, it's just me, myself and I
Solo ride until I die
'Cause I got me for life
(Got me for life, yeah)
Oh I don't need a hand to hold
Even when the night is cold
I got that fire in my soul"

I sang and Lisa jumped in on the fast rapping part.

"And as far as I can see I just need privacy
Plus a whole lot of tree, fuck all this modesty"

Lisa and I had a way to sing this song. I'd sing the high long notes while she just busted that rhyme.

I noticed Jerome pull out his phone but I let go of the thought as quick as it came.

"Yeah, lonely nights I laid awake
Pray to lord, my soul to take
My heart's become too cold to break
Know I'm great but I'm broke as hell
Having dreams that I'm folding cake
All my life I've been told to wait
But I'mma get it now, yeah it's no debate"

Before I knew it we were at the Mall. We all got off and started walking towards the Cinnemark.

Lisa and Mitch start walking ahead lost in there own conversation.

"Hey Vanessa! Wait up." I heard Jerome call. "Well hurry up slow poke." I laughed. "So you excited to see the movie?" He questioned. I could tell he was trying to make conversation so I went along with it. As long as you don't flirt Vanessa.

"Yes very. I've been wanting to see this since I saw the trailer two months ago." I say with excitement. "Me too! I love superhero movies." He said.

"Same.. Actually who is your favorite villain?" I questioned "Well I have two.. They have to be The Joker and-" "Harley Quinn?!" I screamed.

"Yes they are my favorite" He laughed "Mine too! Finally I can prove to Lisa I'm not the only one." I laughed.

"You know your pretty easy to talk to." Jerome said giving me a serious vibe. I hesitated to answer. "You too." I said with a smile.

It's true Jerome was easy to talk to. Thoughts came into my mind of him.. But I pushed it out of my head. I need to focus on the conversation right now.

We followed Mitch and Lisa into the theater. We waited for them to pay for the tickets. They turned around tickets in hand.

"The movie doesn't start for another hour, what do you guys wanna do till then?" Mitch asked.

Me and Lisa looked at each other, almost speaking telepathically. "HOT TOPIC!" We both yelled, getting looks from people. Jerome and Mitch both laughed as we took of toward our favorite store. 
-----

"Lisa look at the new Pierce the Veil merch they have!" I turned to see Lisa taking a picture of Mitch in creeper glasses.

They look so happy together.. I wish I could- "So Vanessa.. You like all these bands?" Jerome questioned. "Yeah have you heard any of them?" I asked. "I have heard a few songs from Pierce the Veil, but only the ones that Mitch showed me."  He answered.

Well at least he was honest.

I ended up buying 2 band t-shirts and a pair of Harley Quinn shoes. We all met up outside the store.

"We still have about 30 minutes till the movie starts." Lisa said "Vanessa do you wanna go to the book store?I want to buy the last book in the Lorien Legacies." She said.

"Yes! I NEED the new Vampire Diaries book!" I over exaggerated. "Okay well let's go!" Jerome said linking our arms together, which completely caught me off guard and caused me to turn pink.
"We're off to see the Wizard.. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.."