Chapter 30

Chapter 30
Vanessa POV

I couldn't find Lisa anywhere. She ran from the room and just seem to disappear. I had looked for about an hour then I gave up. I pulled out my phone and sent her a text.

"Where are you?"

I put my phone in my pocket. I stood by Jerome who was trying to clean up some of the glass in Mitch's room. He had moved Mitch into one of the guess rooms where he crashed out, oblivious to most of the events that happened.

Victoria had manage to leave without anyone noticing. Which I guess was a good thing or I would've killed her myself. My phone buzzed in my pocket.

"She's okay. I took her to the hospital because she's said her back was hurting."

Another buzz.

"She only wants you and Jerome to know where she is.. This is Preston."

Okay that I understand, but she trusted Preston to take her? It's not that I don't trust Preston, but why didn't she go to one of us...

"Okay let us know how she is, please. And tell her to call me when she can."

I was watching Jerome clean. "Preston took Lisa to the hospital because she was having back pain.. She doesn't want anyone to know where she is only us." I explain

"I feel so bad.." He says, stopping what he was doing.  "Don't be, none of this is your fault." I say.

I went and sat down next to him. I wrapped one of my arms around him to give him a hug.

"I know but nothing is going to be the same after this, I told her how much he loved her.. I gave her hope that she could have a happy day.. Only to have it turn out the complete opposite." He said. Mostly everyone had gone home except for some of the guys to help us clean.

"Maybe she will forgive him. We have to have hope." I said.

There was a slight knock on the door frame. We turned and saw Lachlan and Vik standing there. "Have you guys heard from Lisa yet?"  Lachlan asked.

I looked at Jerome "No.. No we haven't."

-----
Lisa POV

My eyes hurt when I would blink. The bright light and the amount of tears I cried didn't help either.

They did x-rays on my back and nothing was broken only slightly bruised. Preston sat with me to keep me company.

"Anything else we could help you with Ms.Garza?" The nurse who was taking care of me asked.

"Can you check to make sure my baby is alright?" I asked

I see Preston's head snap up at the question. Clearly he forgot.

"Of course, of course." The nurse gave me a soft smile. It wasn't hard explaining that I had gotten into a fight and I had excruciating back pain.

I guess I just scared them because my cheek wouldn't stop bleeding from where that bitch scratched me.

The bitch. Victoria.

Mitch.

My eyes started to water again.

"Lisa.. Lisa no. Don't cry." Preston stood up and sat beside me on the bed. "I just d-don't understand... w-why he would ... d-do that to me.." I said in between sobs.

"Lis.. He was drunk. I know it's a hard concept to grasp right now, but for now just worry about your baby." He said patting my hand.

"Our baby.. What am I going to do about the baby P-Preston?.. I can't raise it by myself.." I said

Before he could answer the doctor came with two nurses at his side.

"I understand you want a check up on your baby miss?" He asked. "Yes sir.. I don't know if the baby's okay.. I had gotten into a fight and was hit a few times.." I said with no shame to admit it to the doctors.

"Okay thank you for being honest." He said. The nurses walked around the room gathering equipment and what looked like an ultrasound machine.

"Where you hit anywhere near your stomach?" The doctor asked. "No.. Not near my stomach, But I was pushed into a wall." I said. The doctor shook his head.

"Okay ma'am, lift your shirt please.. This may be cold." The nurse said. I nodded my head so she could proceed. I see Preston look at the screen eager to see a image pop up.

The gel was cold against my stomach. The nurse placed a wand on my tummy and the machine started to hum.

This is the first time I will actually see my baby.

I see Preston smile. I look back at the ultrasound and see a object that was almost a perfect oval.

I mean what can you expect for being one month pregnant?

The object started to move a bit to the left of the screen. I smiled. "Well by the looks of it your baby looks healthy for a month." The doctor says.

The nurse removes the wand and the image was gone. The other nurse handed me a photo of my ultrasound. "You seem to check out all fine. You may go home now if you like or wait till the morning." The doctor said.

I looked at Preston and he nodded his head. "I would like to go home right now please."

----
On our way home from the hospital, Preston stopped by the apartment so I can pack a suitcase for Texas.

Looks like I'll be going back to visit sooner than I thought.

I packed two suitcases full of clothes and my necessities and a bunch of extras. I didn't plan on coming back to Florida for a couple of months at least.

Preston helped me load my suitcases into his car. There was a flight leaving to Texas in about two hours and I planned to be on that plane. It was about 6 in the morning and I haven't slept for an entire day.

Preston waiting with me at the airport till my flight was boarding. I would doze off every now and then.

"You know Lisa you wouldn't be raising your baby alone. You have all of us and your family." Preston said. Striking a conversation out of nowhere.

"I know. I am grateful for you guys. I'll call you and let you know how I am doing. I promise. Thank you for everything Preston." I said giving him a long hug.

"Your welcome. If you ever need anything just call. I should go back to Texas in about a week." He says. I walked to the boarding station for the plane and I looked back and waved. Seeing Florida for the last time.

-------
Jerome POV

I slept for only a few hours before getting up and making breakfast. "Jerome!" I heard Vanessa yell.

I ran upstairs and into my bedroom. Vanessa was in bed and still had her morning look on which I loved.

She was looking down at her phone. "Lisa went back to Texas. She just landed. She's going to be staying with her mom..." Vanessa said slowly.

"My bestfriend left.." She whispered. I sat beside her and comforted her. "Maybe this is for the best right now. She needs time alone." I kissed her forehead.

"I understand. Look..." She said. I looked down at the phone and see a photo of an ultrasound. "Is that?" I start.

"Yeah Lisa and Mitch's baby." She finishes. I chuckle. "It's so tiny." I said.

There was a knock at the door. "Come in." I said. Mitch opened the door rubbing his eyes. "Why were you screaming? Is everything okay?" He said with a sleepy voice.

"Just fine." Vanessa said coldly. Okay this is going to be awkward. "Can someone tell me where my girlfriend is and why my cheek is swollen?" Mitch started.

I look at Vanessa who was giving Mitch a death glare. "I had the worst dream ever." He finished. "Look buddy. Let's go sit down in the living room and have a talk." I said.

This may have to be the hardest thing I have ever had to do.