Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Vanessa POV

"The movie was freaking amazing!" I started to jump around. I couldn't help it, I've been wanting to see that movie forever.

I can't get over the thought in my head. "Did Jerome like me?.. Nah probably not.. I wish he did.. Wait what?" During the movie, it got insanely cold and Jerome wrapped his arm around me. He said it was to "warm me up." I just nodded in response and tried to push what I felt away.

"That movie was insane dood." Mitch said. "You know what movie I'm excited for? Finding Dory!" Lisa started. "And The Incredibles 2!"

"Hell yeah! I can't wait for those movies to come out." Jerome followed.

A noise came from my stomach.

"Guys can we go eat? I'm starvingg" which was true. Even though I ate most of the popcorn I was still hungry.

"Sure.. Um I'm down for some pizza! A bacca sure loves pizza!" Jerome yelled. "Biggums we eat pizza almost everyday but it does sound good..." Mitch gave Lisa a smile followed by a 'please' look.

Knowing her I know she'll say ye- "alright lezzgooooo" Lisa said as she jumped into the car.

---

We had just entered the pizza & arcade when we heard a bunch of screams. "It's JeromeASF and BajanCanadian!"

"Can we get a autograph?" "Jerome can I have a picture?"

It's insane how many people watch the boys. I understand now they had sunglasses with him. Me and Lisa backed away to avoid the giant crowd growing around the guys.

I look to see Mitch give Lisa a "I'm sorry" look and Lisa making a funny face in return, letting him know it's alright.

"Hey twin? Wanna order so we don't have to wait that long?" I ask "Sure, let me just text Mitch." She grabbed out her phone to type a quick message.

I turned back to the boys and saw Jerome take a selfie with a fan. She looked about our age and I couldn't help but feel a slight emotion shift.

No Vanessa you can't be jealous. You can't like him remember?

"Come on Vanessa!" I turned back to Lisa who had a smirk on her face. I knew what she was thinking. "No Lisa. Don't start" "You like him don't you?" she teased.

Do I like Jerome? I thought. "I knew you would I mean.. You guys are so much alike! Even Mitch thought so" she went on. "Mhm okay twin I may have a tiny little crush on him. But it doesn't mean anything!" I exclaim "does it..?" She questions.

We start walking towards the line to order our meal. When we got to the front I noticed a familiar face.

"Can I have two large pizzas and -" Lisa started but I tuned her out.

Even though he was looking down at the cash register, I would notice that straight black hair anywhere.

It felt like I had gotten the wind knocked out of me. He looked up. "Vanessa..?" He started "I-I.."

I ran.

I couldn't help it. I turned toward the door, ran past all the fans and out the door. I could hear them calling me. Telling me to come back.

I could go back. I couldn't look at him. I couldn't look at the guy that destroyed me.

~~~~~~~~~
Jerome POV

"Liam. You work here? Since when?" Lisa sounded harsh. I wonder why Vanessa ran.. Was it because of this Liam guy?

"Did you say something to her? What did you do?" I asked the cashier.

He looked average height with black hair past his ears with green eyes. Could Vanessa have dated this guy?

"Who are you to ask.?" He replied with a jerk tone.

"Listen Liam. You know Vanessa doesn't want to see you. I don't blame her from running out of here. She was running away from a fucking asshole." Lisa said. She gave him a glare that could kill. Dang I'm even a little scared.

Remind me never to piss her off.

"Lis.. She had to know the tru-" "I don't wanna fucking here it." She cut off Liam.

"Guys come on let's go find Vanessa.. I think I know where she went."

She turned towards the door and Mitch followed.

I gave Liam one last look and followed.

~~~~~~~~
Vanessa POV

"Vanessa?.." I turned

"Jerome?.. How'd you find me?" He sat down beside me and wrapped me into a hug. I stiffened.

"Lisa said she knew where'd you be."

Of course Lisa would know where I would be. I had loved coming to the beach since Lisa and I moved to Tampa.

I turned around to see Lisa and Mitch sitting on the beach a few yards behind us.

Why did Jerome come to talk to me and not Lis? Not that I minded.

I relaxed and let Jerome hug me. I rested my head on his chest.

"Want to tell me why you ran away back there?" Jerome questioned.

".. I'll explain another time.. I kinda just like this moment here.. With you" woah. I was never that sentimental.

"Me too.. I like this" I started blushing.
"Vanessa?" He asked I looked up towards him. He gave me a quick kiss on my forehead.

"I want you to know that I will be by your side. No matter what that guy has done to you I won't leave you. I know we just met but I will stand by you."

Honestly I believed him. I tried to push the thoughts of the event that happened at the pizza place out of my mind. I focused on the moment, in Jerome's embrace. The one place that actually made me feel safe and content.