Chapter 43

Chapter 43
Lisa POV.

"No." I looked over at Vanessa. "It looks like I work at a strip club." I exaggerated. "It looks good." She said smiling. "No." I shook my head.

We dug through her closet pulling out dress after dress. She finally pulled out a purple on that was to the knee. It was strapless and had a straight cut. "Woah. Why haven't I seen you wear this?" I asked.

"I think I wore it for a date with Jerome a few months ago. Go try it on!" She pushed me into her bathroom.

Mitch was driving the girls to the hotel where they will be staying for the duration of the wedding week as I like to call it. Jerome followed taking the guys.

We thought we should let Jerome and Vanessa's parents stay in the extra rooms we had.

After a bit of struggling, the dress was on and it fit amazing. I opened the door and walked out. "That's perfect Lis! Hmm. Put these on!" Vanessa threw me a pair of silver ankle strapped heels.

I'm so glad we wear the same size in everything.

I put them on and stood. "Good?" I asked. "Yes, very. Now hurry. Mitch will be back soon to pick you and Amara up." Vanessa said.

"Can you get Amara dressed? Her outfit is beside her." I asked. "Yeah." She replied. I applied natural makeup and straightened my hair.

I walked out of the bathroom. "Yes perfect. Let me know how it goes with the in-laws." She said smiling.

"Ahh I'm nervous. Okay let's go meet grandma and grandpa Amara. Bye twin!" I rushed down the stairs carrying Amara. I walked into the living room when Mitch walked through the door.

"You look so beautiful." I blushed. "Thank you." "Not you. Amara!" He laughed. I pouted. "Oh babe. You know I meant that towards you." He kissed my cheek. "Come one let's go. I bet my family is already waiting." He said.

We walked out of the house to the car. I strapped in Amara into her car seat and sat in the passenger. Mitch pulled out of the garage and onto the road.

It was starting to rain and I sighed. "Although I love the rain I bet that's  not a good sign." I mumbled. "Hey. I'm sure my parents will love you. I know for a fact my sisters are dying to meet you." He said.

"Wait sisters?" "Yeah." "I thought it was only your parents." I said "No I'm sorry for not explaining baby but I promise you everything will be okay." He said.

Mitch parked right at the doors of the restaurant. "Why-" "so you and Amara won't get too wet. Here." He pulled off the jacket he was wearing. "Put this on."

I put his jacket on and smiled. "I'll wait for you inside." I said. I quickly got out and got Amara out with her carrier. Luckily, she has a shade so she wouldn't get too wet. I walked quickly inside the restaurant and waited for Mitch who came a few minutes later. Almost soaking.

"Baby you should've had this!" I say gesturing to his jacket on my shoulders. "No, I don't want my lady to get wet and end up getting sick." He said while kissing my forehead.

We walked up to the hostess and she lead us to a table. A man and woman sat side by side followed by two girls and a boy.

Breathe Lisa.

"Here you go sir." "Thank you" Mitch answered. The man stood up followed by the woman. "Mom, dad." Mitch said giving his parents a hug. The awkwardness was setting in. I was standing there not saying anything having Mitch's sisters stare at me.

"You my dear must be Lisa." Mr. Hughes said "Yes. It's a pleasure finally getting to meet you both mr. and mrs. Hughes." I put out my hand but was instead pulled into a hug by Mitch's mom followed by his dad.