Chapter 26

Chapter 26
Mitch POV

Vanessa and Jerome left for their date around 7. Lisa was laying next to me watching movies when she spoke up.

"Babe.. Can we go for a walk?" She asked. I smiled. "Of course." I answered. She gave me a wide smile and quickly kissed my lips. "Okay I'll go get ready." She said.

She jumped out of bed and got clothes from her suit case and went into the bathroom. I pulled on a light blue polo shirt with some khaki cargo shorts and some vans.

Lisa came out wearing dressy leggings with a sleeveless blouse. She looked beautiful. I went up to her and engulfed her in a hug. "Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" I said.

She started to blush. "You tell me everyday." She says with a smile.

We walk out the door and see an envelope. I pick it up and see Lisa look over my shoulder. The letter was a map.

"We decided to have some fun and send you on a scavenger hunt. - your friendly neighborhood bacca and bacca lady." I laughed.

"Go to the place where the plants grow." I read aloud. "Oh! I know where that is!" Lisa said. I grabbed her hand. "Lead the way!"

We walked towards the back of Lisa's house and saw a garden. Another envelope.

Lisa ran and picked it up. "Go to the place where the fish live. Fish fish fish." She read. She bent down again and she found a baby bottle.

"Lis.. Why is there a bottle in your moms garden?" I asked with a chuckle. She laughs. "Who knows, maybe it's one of my little cousins?"

We walked all around Lisa's neighborhood and we picked up a lot of random items like a toy car and an ABC block.

It had started to get dark. Our last clue had read. "Go to the place where you would have a good dinner." So we headed back to the house. We walked through the back door and we saw a sign on the oven door.

"Go get it Mitch, I'm gonna get a bottle of water." Lisa said.

I walked to the oven and opened the note. "Open the oven." I opened the oven and bread sat on a tray in the oven. Okay this one confused me.

Lisa came back with her hands behind her back. She pulled out a present. "Babe why?" I asked her. "Just open it." She sat down the present in front of me and I opened it.

Inside was some baby clothes, a baby bib and a bunch of baby things. At the bottom there was a note in Lisa's handwriting.

"I bet you're wondering why there are so many baby things in the box.  I'm sorry for sending you on a crazy scavenger hunt, but I have something important to tell you." I looked up at her to see her smiling.

She placed a white stick in front of me. A pregnancy test. It had a pink plus sign. "I'm pregnant." She said with a smile.

I smiled. "I'm gonna be a dad?" I asked her. She smiled and nodded her head yes.

I grabbed her and hugged her tight. I started to feel my eyes get watery. I picked her up and placed her on the counter top just so she was a little taller than me.

I kissed her. I put everything I had into the kiss. All the love and emotion I have ever felt for her. I want her to know how much I love her. I wrapped my arms around her waist. And she wrapped hers around my neck.

We eventually pulled away in lack of air. "I'm gonna be a dad.." I said with a smile. Tears started running down my face, but they were tears of joy.
Lisa began to wipe them away with her fingers.

Her eyes started getting watery too. I look down at Lisa's stomach and noticed a tiny bump starting to form. How could I have missed that earlier. I bend down and kissed her stomach. "Hey little guy. I'm your daddy." I whispered.

I stood back up and put my forehead against Lisa's. "So your happy about it?" She asked. "Of course! How could I not be?" I asked. I picked her up and spun her around.

I hear cheering and see Jerome, Vanessa and Lisa's family come out from the room beside the kitchen. Jerome was holding up a camera.

"And that everyone is a happy benja finding out he's going to be a dad." I let go of Lisa and walked over to Jerome. "And I couldn't be more happier." I finished.

--------
Jerome POV

I couldn't help but smile. The girls came home today and Mitch and Lisa started their family together. It was a good day. Vanessa had her head in my lap as we watch a movie in the living room.

Lisa and Mitch were siting on another couch discussing baby names. "What about Jerome Jr?" I pitch to them.

I could hear them chuckle. "Save it for your own kid Jerome." Mitch tells me. I look down at Vanessa and see her smile. I started playing with her hair.

After a while they came up with the names Amara Marie Hughes for a girl and Micheal Ethan Hughes for a boy.

"Hey Jerome?" Mitch whispered. I turned to look at them and Lisa was fast asleep. I looked down to see Vanessa also asleep.

"What's up buddy?" "I was thinking since we only have tomorrow then we head back to Florida, we should take the girls to Six Flags." Mitch said.

I gave Mitch a "are you serious." look. "Your girlfriend's pregnant dood." I laugh. "I know but we can spend time in the water park. Apparently they have pools and stuff." Mitch said.

"Believe me biggums I thought of that already." I heard him whisper.

"I'm gonna take Lisa up to bed then I'll come back down okay?" He said. "Yeah I'll do the same with Nessa." I said.

I carried my girlfriend up the stairs and set her down on the bed we shared. I pulled the blankets up and saw that she was still wearing her ring.

I smiled. One day we will have an amazing future.

I walked back down to see Mitch sitting on the couch thinking. "Okay bud. What's wrong?" I question.

"I'm scared Jerome. I don't know if I'm ready to be a dad. I mean I record Minecraft videos on YouTube for a living. What am I going to do after I'm done with my channel?  How am I going to support my family? I eventually want to marry Lisa and maybe even have a few more kids.. I just don't know if I will be able to support them." Mitch looked down.

He has done some serious thinking. "Well buddy? What can I say? We never plan for anything in our lives to happen. Are you happy that you and Lisa are gonna have a baby?" I questioned.

"Yes of course, she's my world and now the baby is too." He answered. "Then you will find a way to support them! Don't forget Lisa is gonna get a badass Meteorology job one day. If you love her and truly want a future with her, I know everything will work out." I told him.

"Thank you Jerome." He tells me. I smile back. We sat in silence for a bit. "Do you want kids with Vanessa?" He asks

"Of course I do. I feel the same way you feel about Lisa." I answered. "That's good" he says with a smile.

"Wanna record some videos? I feel like we have some explaining to do." I asked Mitch. "Why not?" He said. "The benj and bac duo back in action!"