Chapter 10

Vanessa POV

The car ride was pleasant. We sang along to every song on the radio.

" And now I'm missin' your love, I'ma roll up
I'm faded once again, I don't know where I am
But I just know I'm driftin' far from you
I'm tryna keep my head strong, but my heart
Won't just let me grow away from you
Don't you know we're driftin' off, driftin' off?
I know you think that it's my fault for fallin' off
All this hope and disregard, driftin' off
I know you think there ain't no fault, I fall apart
And now I'm missin' your love"

I stop to laugh at Jerome's attempt at holding a long note. "You are an amazing singer Vanessa." He said giving me a genuine smile. The car stopped in front of an arcade.

"Oh my fudge nugget! Yas! I'm gonna beast at these arcade games." I said. "Nu-uh! The King of Power Moves never looses!"

We went inside the arcade hand in hand. We bought two cards and he insisted on putting money in mine.

"Giant connect-four!" I sped off in that direction. I sat on the blue side and Jerome sat with me on the red side. We both swiped our cards.

In the end, I won. "No one has ever beaten me at connect four." I tell Jerome. "Noooooo one." I exaggerate earning a laugh from him.

We went to the next game. Hoops. "Um.. How bout we not." I started. "Why? Know who will win?" He smirked. "Let's go." We both went up to the game and swiped the card.

The basketballs started to roll out and I started to shoot. I only have made two while Jerome has made all of them.

Ten more seconds.

I shoot one more and it goes in.

Eight seconds.

I miss the next two shots

Four seconds.

I made my last shot and it goes it.

The game made a noise and it stopped. I looked at Jerome's score compared to mine.

56 to 17

"The King of power moves wins." I say Jerome pulled me into a hug. I looked up at him and we both smiled. He leaned down and kissed me. The kiss lasted for a while until I remembered where in a arcade.

We pulled apart hand and hand and walked to the next game.

----

"Oh baby you better watch out. Air hockey is ma game!" I say. "Oh yeah baby? We will see who is the actual winner of the arcade games." Jerome said.

I blushed. Was he calling me baby? So far the games were tied up 12 to 12. The deciding match will be over air hockey.

We swiped our card and the table started to breathe. Exhaling air. Jerome had the puck first.

It went back and forward for a long time until my arm wasn't long to reach the puck I had to move to the side to get it. Jerome took the opportunity and scored.

It was like this for 9 more rounds.

The score was 6-5 Jerome having 6. The first to seven wins the game.

I hit the puck and score. 6-6.

The puck was hit in between us. It lasted for a solid minute before Jerome hit the puck at an angle that it snuck behind my paddle and dropped into the scoring rink.

"The King of arcade games lives!" Jerome cheered. "Of course what is a king without a queen ruling by his side." He gave me a quick peck on the lips.

We turned in all out tickets and Jerome got me a stuffed panda.

We walked back to the car. "Bab- Vanessa!" He started, flustered. "Are you hungry?"

"Why yes babe I am hungry." I answered with a laugh. He smiled and leaned over the middle of the car to kiss me. I greatly returned the kiss.

His hang cupped my cheek and I wrapped my arms around his neck. We were at an awkward position in the car, but we made it work.

We broke apart before the kiss got to heated. "I'm sorry." Jerome apologized. "It's fine. I liked it." I winked at him.

We started the car and we headed toward the food.
-----
"And what would you like ma'm?" The waiter asked. "Blueberry pancakes with a scrambled egg and some bacon please."

Jerome took us to eat at IHOP which was the cutest slash dorkiest thing ever.

I loved it.

"I'm gonna head to the bathroom." I told Jerome.

I went to the bathroom and looked into the bag Lisa made me. Powder. Lipstick. A mini bottle of perfume. And a small bottle  of lotion.

I opened the zipper on the side. It reviled two aluminum wrappers. Really Lisa?

I closed the bag and went back outside to Jerome.

----

"And that is why I will never fish again as long as I live." Jerome finished.

It was fun. We ate and talked. Jerome told me about how he and Mitch met and how he started his YouTube channel and his worst fear.

"Okay I have one last place to take you okay?" Jerome started. "Okay let's go!" Excitement seeped through my voice.

He drove me to a ocean side park. There was a playground and you could see the beach on one side of it.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the beach. We sat on the sand and were wrapped up in each other's arms.

"What would you say if I asked you to be my girlfriend?" Jerome said. I smiled. "I would say yes."

"Vanessa. Even though we had known each other for less than a week. I knew from the moment I saw you that we had a connection. I wanna protect you and I want to officially call you mine. So would you be my girlfriend?" One question. He asked me one question and I would reply with one answer. "I would love to Jerome."

"Thank you" He pulled me into a long hug and we headed back to the car. Jerome said he had to pick up Mitch and go get a friend from the airport.

-----

I unlocked the door careful not to wake a possible sleeping Lisa or Mitch. Before I was able to look around for them. Jerome spun me so we were facing each other. He grabbed me and gave me a kiss.

This kiss felt the most passionate. I wrapped my arms around him and he grabbed my waist.

"Ew."

We broke apart.

I noticed that Lisa and Mitch were asleep on the coach. Lisa was rubbing her eyes. "The first thing I see when I wake up." Lisa said.

We laughed. Mitch stirred and Lisa turned to face him trying to wake him up.

"Hey it's revenge for earlier when I came back to get my phone and bag." I told Lisa.

She scrunched up her nose and shook her head.

Mitch was finally awake. "Oh shit. Jerome we have to go pick up Vik." He said, his voice was still groggy from sleep.

"I know bud. I'll be waiting for you in the car." Jerome answered.

He grabbed my hand. "Vanessa, thank you for agreeing to go on a date with me tonight. You made me the happiest person alive. Thank you for also agreeing to be my girlfriend."

I heard a peep from Lisa with a "shh" from Mitch.

"Goodnight babe. Sleep well." He gave me a quick kiss and left the apartment.

I looked toward any bestfriend. Her and Mitch had a giant smiles on there faces.

"Well I better get going. Later baby gurl. I'll see you soon. Thank you for the wonderful dinner." He kissed Lisa and stood up he offered me a goodbye and with that he followed Jerome.

I looked at Lisa and she was giving me a smirk "So. Did you use the emergency bag?"