Chapter 29

(A/N: my friend, who I was writing this story for, told me it wasn't dramatic.. That it was too happy so this chapter was made.)

          A Celebration of an Ending

Vanessa POV

I woke up to the smell of bacon cooking. Jerome wasn't beside me so I guessed he was in the kitchen. I got up and went to the bathroom and did my morning routine.

I walked to the kitchen still sleepy. Lisa was sitting in the kitchen eating pancakes and bacon. "Where are Mitch and Jerome?" I asked.

"They left a note saying they were going to be gone the entire day but they left us a credit card and told us to pick out a outfit for tonight." She explained.

I grabbed my plate and loaded it with bacon and about two pancakes. I sat down next to my friend. "Did you cook this.?" I asked.

"No.. It was already cooked when I woke up." She said with a chuckle. She eventually started to laugh. "So when your done, do you want to go shopping?" She says holding up the credit card.

"Sure." I laughed. We finished eating and got ready for our shopping trip. We just dressed in shorts and a blouse, she wore sperrys and I wore converse.

"It's been a while since I've driven the impala." Lisa says as she gets comfortable behind their drivers seat. It was a sunny day in Florida.

Lisa took the top down from the impala and we slid on our sunglasses. Lisa took off and I started to mess with the radio trying to find a station.

I went to the local hip-hop station and Panda was playing. "I think it's weird how the boys said they were going to be gone all day." Lisa said.

"Yeah but maybe they have to make videos or just go and do important YouTube stuff." I said.

Lisa nodded her head and continued to drive. About 20 minutes later we were at the mall.

We walked into different stores, trying to find a good outfit. We didn't know what type of outfit the boys wanted us to get so we were going to go for a casual dress.

Lisa bought a blue paisley dress that fell straight down, to about her knee because she didn't want to look "fat." As she called it. She also got brown wedges to match.

I bought a red silky dress that was a bit higher than my knee, with some black wedges the wrapped around my ankle. I also got some accessories to go with my dress.

We headed back to the apartment at three. It felt so weird not to talk to Jerome for so long. I pulled out my phone and sent him a message.

"I love you.. Thank you for the shopping trip."

We pulled into the driveway and found a note on our door. I jumped a bit remembering the note that was left about a month ago.

Lisa pulled the note and read it out loud.

"Get dressed and at 7pm come to our house.   -J&M"

"J&M sounds like a store." Lisa said.

I chuckled. "Well I wonder who that may be." I said.

"Come on Vanessa! Let's go get dressed! I can do you hair and make up!" Lisa said clearly excited.

We walked inside and went into our bedrooms.

I hopped into the shower and let the hot water consume me.