Chapter 38

Chapter 38
Vanessa POV

The wedding planning was going smoothly. It's been a little over a month since jerome and I got engaged and in 2 more weeks we will finally get married.

We are having someone bring the chairs and tables. Our wedding was less than month away and I couldn't be more excited.

I was relaxing on a lawn chair by the pool, listening to Pandora.

"CANNONBALL!!"

I was soaked in pool water. Jerome pops out of the water. "Jerome!" I laughed. "Well Vanessa since you are already soaking, come swim with me" Jerome said while making a puppy dog face.

"Okayyyyy." I said. I stood back and ran to the pool. "CANNONBALL!" I yelled. I was quickly submerged in water.

I swam back up to the surface and headed toward Jerome. I climbed on his back since it was hard for me to float in one spot without drowning.

"Whatcha doin princess?" Jerome asked chuckling. "I don't wanna drown." I said

"Don't worry, I'll save you." Before I could ask what he meant, Jerome fell forward submerging us in water. I still didn't let go.

When we surfaced, familiar faces were looking at us. "Vik! Preston!" I yelled.

"What are you guys doing here? I thought you were flying in next week?" Jerome asked.

"We both had nothing to do so we flew in early.. Plus I missed fluffy." Preston said. I jumped off Jerome and swam to the edge of the pool where I jumped out.

"Anyone want a hug?" I said. "No no.." Preston said. "Well I'll be going inside now." Vik said trying to make a quick escape. I ran toward Vik and hugged him.

"Nessa why!" He yelled. "Jerome put me down!" I turned and Jerome had Preston on his shoulder.

"Okay truce." Vik said holding his hands up.

"Truce." Jerome said. We walked into the house and I grabbed a towel for Jerome and I.

I wrapped myself up in the towel and sat on the sofa. "Did Mitch go get you guys from the airport?" Jerome asked.

"Yeah but he said he was going to the doctor with Lisa, for the first slash last ultrasound. I don't know I was confused." Preston said.

"It's gonna Mitch's first time actually seeing Lisa's ultrasound but since she's eight months and three weeks pregnant it's going to be the last one." I explained.

"Dang, it went by that fast." Vik said. I leaned my head on Jerome's shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder rubbing them so I wouldn't be so cold.

"Yeah it has." I said

-------------
Mitch POV

I have to admit I was nervous. I have seen the other ultrasounds a few days ago but this is the first time I'd see it in person. I was bouncing my leg waiting for the nurse to call Lisa's name.

"Relax, every thing is going to be alright I promise." She put a hand on my knee to try to calm me down. It didn't help.

"Lisa Garza."

Lisa stood up and we headed through the door. I grabbed Lisa's hand. "We really should change your last name." I whispered to her. She turned away but I could see her blushing.

We walked into the doctors office and I helped Lisa sit on the patients table. I stood in front of her. "Would you want to marry me someday?" I asked.