Chapter 1: Silverleaf Academy of Magic

The first thing I do every time I wake up is to listen

Being alone for a for a long period of days, or even weeks will make you sensitive in sounds you hear in your house. For example, when I hear the hologram in early morning, my dad is at home. When there's noise in kitchen, Reiji, my older brother, is home and busy cooking and when I hear welding noises, Reiven, our eldest brother is home too. Though it rarely happen for Reiven to be home now.

It's not that hard listening since our home is not that big. Just enough for an ordinary family of four. As I'm hearing noises downstairs and pretty sure it's from our kitchen, Kuya Reiji is probably cooking. I got up sighing, took a shower and fixed myself. I still have school to attend after all.

I hurried down the stairs the moment I'm done with my morning rituals. My stomach started growling when the aroma of whatever my brother is cooking reaches me.

"Good morning." I said and he turns his head in my direction and smirked. Yup, I think my brother doesn't know how to genuinely smile at me and that's irksome."Breakfast is served." He said and put some pancakes and bacon on my plate. He may bea bully but the food he cooks are the best. That balances everything, I guess. 

I sat down and reaches for the blueberry syrup and put almost everything on my pancakes. Best way to eat pancakes is to drown it in syrup after all.

"How long will you be staying?" I ask.

"Five days at most. It depends." I stare at him for a while before I resume eating. Five days huh? I may be used to it by now, but I still wish they stay longer.He ruffles my hair. He always does that.

"Stop! Its hard combing my hair you know?"

"Need a lift?" he asked and that makes me stop eating.

"What's gotten into you?"

"Can't I offer a ride to my little sister?"

"You rarely do, it feels weird." He laughs at my comment and once again ruffles my hair. 

"Finish your food, I'll wait for youin the car." 

After finishing my meal, I went to our garage and saw my Kuya waiting inside his car. It still feels weird that he's offering to bring me to school. I'm staring outside watching the now busy neighborhood. An old lady watering her plants using her ability. A broom sweeping by itself. We also passed by old Garry's bakery and his pastries and breads that are replenishing by itself. We also passed Antonette making her plants bloom. Srence, Ashwick's center city, is in its busiest time of the day.

Kuya Reiji stopped his car near our school gate.

"Thanks for the ride. I owe you one."

"You already owed me hundreds, you know." He said and I flick his forehead which surprises him, but since his reflexes is way better than mine, he caught me and flick my forehead harder and laughs.