Chapter 2

I sat and looked out the window. How could that guy be so mysterious and beautiful? I only talked to him for like five minutes, but those five minutes were so much fun. But, the more I thought about him the more I had doubts.
He probably has a girlfriend. No one that good looking can't have a girlfriend.
Or
He just doesn't like me. And if I say anything it'll make it confusing.
I sighed as I watched the sun rise. My sleeping schedule is absolutely terrible. The more I think the badder it gets.
I got up and I walked to the kitchen.
I opened the fridge.
Nothing.
I sighed. I need to go grocery shopping again. After all, it has been weeks since then. In fact, weeks since that night.
I got up and grabbed my jacket.
I put it on as I walked out. I locked the door and I walked down the flights of stairs. I went outside the building and I put my hands in my jean pockets.
I walked across the street and I walked along the side walk. I looked around. No one really seems to be awake yet. The only sound is the occasional cars passing by. I stopped in front of a really tall building. Wow. It's so beautiful. I wish I had lived here my whole life, but if I did then I wouldn't be the person I am today.
I smiled as I thought about that. I honestly can't imagine my life without the orphanage looking after me. I looked down at my feet and then at the building again. I heard the door to the building open and shut. I looked at the door and I was shocked.
"Naomi?" The guy asked. He was the guy from the elevator!
"Elevator boy? Why are you here at this time?" I asked.
"I can say the same for you." He said as he stood in front of me.
"I was just...thinking." I nodded at my answer.
"Well, I actually work in that building." He said as he pointed towards the really beautiful building.
"What do you work as?" I asked curiously. He looked at me weirdly and then slowly answered.
"I'd rather save that question for later." He said. I shrugged it off.
"Okay then..." I mumbled as I turned and started walking down the road again.
"Do you mind if I join you?" He asked as he started walking with me.
"No. I don't mind." I shrugged.
But actually, I was screaming on the inside.
"So, what do you do as work?" He asked me.
"I think I'll save that question for later." I said.
He laughed.
"Touché. What are your hobbies?" He asked.
I laughed.
"I don't do anything except for read or go on my computer. That's about my life." I laughed at my answer since its so pathetic. He's probably a really cool person that's really busy 100% of the time.
"Do you have siblings?" I asked curiously. He laughed and rolled his eyes.
"A half brother named Adam. But, nothing more. We aren't that close. You?" He asked.
"No. At least, not that I know of."
I laughed at the awkwardness that filled the space between us.
"What do you mean?" He asked as he raised his eyebrow.
"Well, I'm from an orphanage." I waited for the gasp people normally give me. But he didn't gasp. He just looked at me seriously, waiting for me to continue.
"Well, when I was younger I went to the orphanage and It was boring. The only thing I liked to think about were other people. Especially the color of their heart." I laughed at the thought.
"The color of their heart?" He sounded a bit scared.
"No! No! Not like that. I mean what they feel. Such as a blue heart would mean sadness. And a gold heart would mean kindness. And a pink heart would mean love and so on and so forth." I laughed.
"Whew." He sighed and laughed at himself.
"So, what heart color am I?" He asked.
"What?" I asked as I stopped walking and I looked at him weirdly. He stopped walking.
"You know, what color of heart do I have?" He asked.
"I don't know yet...so far I only see one color." I looked away from him in embarrassment.
"What color is that?" He asked.
"Gold." I mumbled.
There was silence as a slight breeze lifted my hair off my shoulders slightly. The only sound to hear was the soothing sound of the wind.
"So," I started walking as he followed," what are your hobbies?" I asked.
This guy is seriously starting me make me feel confused.