Chapter 31

"So...where are we going?" I asked curiously as we've been walking for a while now.
Leo didn't speak, but rather just glanced at me and nodded his head.
He stopped in front of a blanket laid out on the floor.
"This is it." He said.
"What exactly is this?" I asked.
"What do you think it is?" He asked as he sat on the blanket.
"A picnic..." I mumbled as I sat next to him. "In the night time?" I asked.
"Well, I know how much you hate being around so much people. And I know how much you love nature because it helps your writing. So...why not the night?" He asked as he turned on a lantern and put it near me.
"I know it's not much, bu-"
"I love it." I mumbled. He smiled.
"Thank you." I said as I grabbed his hand.
"Anything for you Naomi." He mumbled. I looked at him, scanning his whole face inch my inch. From his hair to his lips.
He started leaning towards my face. Was he seriously going to kiss me? I leaned towards him too. Centimeters from his face, I turned away from him.
"So..." I said as I changed the subject. I don't know why I changed the subject.
"I was talking to Summer the other day," Leo started. I turned towards him. Why would he bring summer up now?
"She said that Mason was depressed. That's why he almost jumped."
"Thanks, by the way, you know, for saving him and I." I shrugged.
"Your welcome. You would've done the same for me."
I shrugged.
"I don't know... I'm not that nice of a person." I said.
"You're kidding. You freaking saved me from a fire, Naomi!" He said as he laughed.
"I know! But, I just...you're my family Leo. I'll take whatever family I get." I sighed.
Leo smiled as he laid down on the blanket. I laid down too and the stars were not even in the sky. The dark blue color seemed to reflect on us in a weird sense. I know, sounds weird. But in that moment, I realized something. All those feelings I felt for Leo two years ago. They were now fully back, maybe even more then ever. And I loved him. I did! I am just scared of what he'd say if I told him. I guess I've liked him for a while, I don't know. But, I'm going to focus on now. Leo slowly inched his hand towards mine. First our pinkies touched and then he intertwined his fingers between mine.
I was surprised to find me holding my breath as I slowly relaxed.
This was the perfect date.

{Leo's P.O.V (next day)}

I walked into the big building as a nice feeling crept over me. Naomi and I'd date was yesterday. I was surprised no one took pictures of us though. I wonder why she didn't kiss me...I thought she liked me.

I sat in my chair as I thought about this deeply.
"Mr.Dicaprio, the boss is calling you." A woman I know as Cindy told me. I nodded as I stood up and walked towards the office. I sat in front of the big desk where a man sat, my boss. He has big shoulders and a square head. I never liked him much. Mainly because he's an ass to everyone. Especially to the non-actors/actresses.
He placed a magazine in front of meZ I leaned over the desk to get a better look. It was Naomi and I and she was crying into my shoulder.
"Are you two dating?" My boss asked.
"Sorry? I don't think that's appropriate in a working environment." I said as I looked at him weirdly.
"And I don't think it's appropriate that you and an author are going out. Tell me. Are you dating or not?" He asked he leaned forward and rested his elbows on the table. I swallowed nervously as I leaned back in my seat. "Yes." I said.
"You can't date her anymore." My boss said.
"What?" I asked feeling my stomach drop to the floor in shock.
"She's distracting to everyone else. Plus, our movie will get twice more viewings if you're single. Why ruin your career for Nanami?"
"Naomi." I corrected him through gritted teeth.
"Naomi, whatever. She's just going to weigh you down in your acting business."
"That's horseshit!" I slammed my hands on the desk.
"Sorry Leo. Either her or your job. Choose by the end of the day." My boss shrugged.
"And you seriously think you can replace me?" I asked feeling slightly offended.
"I have guys lining up for this role Leo. Take it or leave it." He said.
I felt my knuckles go white as I clutched my fists tightly. Then I stormed out of the office. But, out of the corner of my eye, I swear I saw someone with brown hair and green eyes leaning against a wall.
I froze and I turned towards a corner of the wall. No one was standing there. Weird... I swear I just saw Naomi's mom...
But, what am I going to choose? Naomi or my job?