Chapter 28

"My what?" I asked. My mom? I always had this rant in my head I'd tell my mom if I ever met her, but my minds blank right now.
Leo looked at us both weirdly.
"Your mother Naomi! Your mom!" She exclaimed as she tried putting her arms around me. I stepped back from her and Leo wrapped his hand around mine quickly. This girls eyes wandered towards Leo and I's hands.
"You aren't my mother." I shook my head in disbelief.
"Yes! I am. And I'm here. We could do anything you want. Anything at all." She said.
"No...no!" I let go of Leo's hand.
"Don't do this too me. I am great without you. I've been great without you! Why did you have to come now?" I shook my head at her.
"Naomi, it wasn't my choice to send you to that orphanage. I can't imagine how terrible that was for you..." She put her hands on my shoulders. I shrugged them off.
"No. You can't imagine it. And you never will. You don't know how I felt!" I exclaimed as tears formed in my eyes.
"Naomi...I'm sorry." She said. I sighed loudly as I wiped my eyes on my sleeve.
"I don't want to see you. I've been fine without you. I am fine without you." I said as I quickly grabbed Leo's hand and I started running.
"Naomi!" Leo said as he followed me. I didn't speak because if I did, I was afraid I'd cry even more then I already was. I let go of Leo's hand and I started running faster. Faster then my legs have ever ran. Away from her...
Leo grabbed my arm and pulled me to a stop.
"Naomi..." He said as he turned me around. He was surprised to see my face was all wet with tears.
"Why did she have to come now?!" I exclaimed.
"Why now? I'm doing great and a piece of my past just has to come! Why does my life have to be so confusing? Leo, I want it to be simple! Help me be simple!" I said in between sobs. I probably looked terrible right now but I didn't care, because even when I looked like utter crap...Leo still looked at me with same way as he always had.
Leo hugged me tightly.
I sighed.
"You aren't simple Naomi...you never have been. And that's fine. Life's never easy, but I'm not gonna tell you that speech, you already know that. Just...never want to be simple. Cause being you is enough, and as for your mom, I don't know why she's here. For petes sake, I don't care why she's here, and frankly, you don't either. So let's not care together. If she really wants to be close to you then she needs to prove it. Got it?" He asked.
I nodded.
"Great!"

Mason's P.O.V
It's official. I'm gonna tell Naomi I love her. Starting today. I walked across the street and I paused once I saw Leo and Naomi running. What could they be running from? Leo pulled Naomi's arm and she turned around. She was crying. But, why? My stomach did a little flip as I saw that look. Dang it, he even looks at her like that when she's sobbing. How can I compete with that? I have to compete with that... But...how?
"Hi." Someone said to me.
"Hm?" I asked as I turned around.
It was a woman. Maybe in her 40's? She had brown hair and almost identical eyes to Naomi's .
"Do you have a cigarette?" She asked. I nodded and pulled one out of my pocket. She grabbed it and she looked at where I was looking at.
"You like her don't you?" She asked as she lit the cigarette.
"How could you tell?" I asked as I ran my hand through my hair.
"Because you look at her differently." She shrugged.
"I like her...but I can't compete with him." I said as I pointed towards Leo.
"Tell you what. You have her promise to get to know me and I'll help you split them apart." She shrugged.
"No way. I could never do that to Naomi." I mumbled.
"Whatever. Just...." She pulled out a piece of paper," give me a call if you change your mind." She shrugged as she walked off. I looked down at the card numbers.
I don't know what I want... Do I pick what I want or what Naomi wants?