Chapter 56

The last time Naomi was underwater with Leo, it was nothing like this. Naomi never imagined anything like this happening to them. Her heart felt like it was going to explode out of her chest, and She had my eyes shut under the water, feeling the walls of the car. Naomi felt her seat belt loosen and She felt it slowly come off. There's hope. Naomi opened her eyes and looked to the left to see Leo, he had put the knife down and was motioning him to go out first so he could pull her out once he was out. She nodded and they switched seats and he swam towards the exit. He grabbed her arm and he tried pulling her out, but Naomi and Leo didn't seem to notice was that the knife had moved from where he put it, to the edge of the window. So when he tried to pull her out, she felt a sharp pain in her stomach. Leo paused and they both looked down at her stomach, where the knife had been placed. She put her hands on her stomach and her shoulders shook. Leo's face scrunched up and he shook his head. Naomi looked up at him and She could tell what he was thinking. She wasn't going to make it out alive.
"I love you." Naomi motioned with her lips. Leo kissed Naomi on my forehead and pulled Naomi out of the car while hugged her tightly. Naomi could feel her eyes blinking slower and slower as her body began getting weaker. There was a couple of seconds that passed and she didn't feel Leo's hand move towards her stomach, where he pulled out the knife slowly. He put the knife to his stomach and he sunk in his stomach without her noticing. Despite his pain, he felt relieved he didn't have to live with the burden of not living with Naomi Evans. Naomi's eyes shut for the final and last time. Leaving Leo by himself, for only a couple more seconds longer, before he too, closed his eyes. Leaving the lake as peaceful as it had been only five minutes ago before this whole catastrophe happened to them. The truth was, Mason was right. Leo and Naomi were soul mates. And the thought of being without each other was unbearable to live with for either one of them...no matter how stubborn each one of them was.
The next day, no one suspected anything of Leo and Naomi. Summer found a note from Naomi that they'd left town and to not look for them. And for Mason, well, that goes unsaid. Ryan visited Summer weekly, asking her almost constantly where Naomi and Leo were. But summer always denied, saying that she didn't know. Which was true, she really didn't.
Truth be told, Naomi and Leo couldn't imagine dying any other way. Being together was important. Especially for soul mates.

The End