Chapter 23

I followed Leo as he walked.
"Where are we going?" I asked curiously.
"You'll see." He mumbled.
He stopped in front of some train tracks.
"What are you doing?" I asked as he stepped onto them.
"Just...trust me." He said.
"Leo...I have a bad feeling about this." I said as I saw the train from a distance.
"Naomi, you have to trust me." He said.
"I do. I just don't trust the train." I said.
Leo grabbed my arm and pulled me into the train tracks with him.
"Leo!" I said.
"Naomi, trust me." He said. I pulled and fell on my butt off the tracks as the train was really close.
Leo looked at me worringly as he didn't notice the train only yards away.
I quickly stood up and I jumped on top of him off the tracks. The train passed just like last time and we both sighed in relief. This is exactly what happened last time. But, I was the one who was stupid enough to stand on the tracks.
"Stupid! You could've died!" I said as I stood up.
He laughed as he put a face on his hand. I paused and narrowed my eyes at him.
"You seriously didn't find that funny?" He asked as he stood up too.
"No. I didn't. I've changed Leo." I said as I started walking farther from the tracks. He followed close behind.
"You seriously think I believe that? Naomi you just saved me!" He said as he laughed.
"And you almost died."
"We almost died." He corrected.
"It was scary."
"It was fun!"
There was a silence as I just sighed.
"Look, I don't do that stuff anymore."
"Then what do you do?"
"I go to work. And then I wait for Dylan."
"Sounds boring." Leo mumbled a little too harshly.
"I didn't ask for your opinion." I mumbled. There was another silence.
"So...this Dylan guy...have you two kissed yet?" Leo asked.
I suddenly felt my heart rate quicken. Why would he ask something that random? And why about Dylan? This is awkward enough!
"I don't exactly think that question is suitable right now." I said as I turned away from him.
"Naomi..." He said.
"Hmm?" I asked as I turned towards him.
"I'm glad I got to see you again." He said as he smiled.
I suddenly felt something in my click. And all of my senses started to enhance.
I looked at him for a while and thought
This is going to hurt a lot when it's over.
I was the first to break the silence as I turned away from him.
I like Dylan. Dylan is who I like. Not Leo...right?
-
I am now sitting with Leo in a restaurant.
The waitress came and already took our orders and everything. And now it was time for talking. As long as I didn't make a fool of myself.
"So..." I said.
"So..." Leo repeated.
"How's work?" I asked.
"Fine. I mean, I haven't been called for jobs yet. But, I've obviously nailed a role in New York." He said as he laughed silently and took a sip of his drink.
"How about your work?" He asked.
"Well, it's fine. It's bigger then the one in California. And I'm still writing the second book. So...it's fine right now."
There was an awkward silence as we both drank our drinks.
"So, your boyfriend, what does he do for work?" Leo asked. Why does he keep on bringing up Dylan? Ughhh.
"Well, he is a business man like the ones you see in those movies with the co workers and the offices and all that. But, he works a lot and he sometimes doesn't have time to hang out with me. And that stinks and all, but he's really nice." I said. Leo nodded as he tried to understand what I meant. But he didn't seem to get it because he looked at me weirdly.
"Have you talked to Mason?" I asked. I didn't mean to ask. But, I REALLY wanted to change the subject.
"Actually, yes. I talked to him on the phone yesterday and he didn't care at all that I met you." Leo shrugged.
I feel like such a jerk for leaving them.
"Naom-"
There was a flash and Leo and I looked to the right. Someone took a picture of us.
"Sorry! I just haven't seen you guys together since two years ago." Summer said as she smiled.
"Summer!" I jumped up and knocked down the chair. I threw my arms around her.
"Oh my gosh I missed you so much." I mumbled. I hadn't really noticed how much.
"Why are you here?" Leo asked as he stood up.
"I came to say hi to Naomi of course. And I couldn't leave my boyfriend here by himself." Summer said. Leo kissed her on the cheek.

Boyfriend? What just happened?
"Oh yeah. Naomi, Summer and I are together." Leo said as he smiled.
"Oh." I said.
"That's great." But actually, I died a little inside.
"Did Mason come?" Leo asked Summer as he put his arm around her. Something was at the pit of my stomach. Jealousy. But I like Dylan...why do I care so much?
"Yes actually. He's at the hotel room though. He didn't want to see..."
Summer looked at me.
"Me?" I asked.
"Yeah." She said.
"You know, I totally forgot. I have to go." I said as I looked at my feet.
"What about the food?" Leo asked.
"I really have to go." I said as I pushed past Summer and Leo.
"Okay. Bye..." Leo said as I walked away quickly. I basically ran out of the restaurant and I took a deep breath once I got a few blocks away. I felt my eyes go blurry with tears.
Summer and Leo? Since when has my life turned upside down?
I wiped my eyes and I walked into the house.
Dylan was there (like he always is) and he smiled at me.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"Nothing. Why?" I asked.
"Cause you look sad." He said as if it was obvious. Which it was.
"It's nothing. Just some people I met today that I used to know." I said as I shook my head. Dylan hugged me tightly and looked at me dead in the eye.
"I have a surprise for you tomorrow. K?" He asked.
I nodded.
"Great!" He exclaimed.
Summer and Leo? You've got to be kidding...