Chapter 13

Leo was really ahead of me. I was out of breath and soon I lost sight of him. Gosh, he runs fast.
I finally appeared at the burning building. My apartment building.
Summer was looking up at the place, but I couldn't find Leo anywhere.
"What happened? Where's Leo?" I asked.
"Leo went to get Mason." She said worryingly not keeping her eyes off the building.
"Where's Mason?" I asked.
Summer turned towards me.
"He's in there." She pointed at the building.
"You've got to be kidding me." I mumbled as I took off my jacket.
"Hold this. No matter what happens don't come for me." I said.
I pasted her the jacket.
"Wait. I want to go." She said.
"No. Stay here." I said sternly. I ran past the firefighters as they tried to hold me back.
But, my whole family is in this building. I can't let them die. I ran into the building and I started running up the stairs. The air was smoky and the higher I got, the more smoke. I couldn't stop coughing by the time I got to the 10th floor.
"Leo?" I called as I looked everywhere.
I heard the roof make a creaking sound.
I don't have that much time.
I opened the door to my apartment slowly and I saw Leo and Mason wedged between the floor and a piece of wood that probably fell on top of them.
I hurriedly rushed towards them and saw they were both unconscious.
"You've got to be kidding me." I mumbled as I pulled Leo from under the wood. I put him to this side and I started pulling Mason from under the wood. But, he wouldn't come out. He was really stuck.
I wrapped both my arms around him and pulled as hard as I could. The ceiling made a shattering sound and I threw myself onto Mason so he didn't get crushed. Instead a piece of wood fell on me. I groaned in pain and I pushed it off.
"Come on Mason. Help me." I mumbled as I tried pulling him out again.
He started slowly getting out. I sighed in relief as I got him out and next to Leo.
Now how am I going to get both of these boys down the stairs fast?
I grabbed Leo and Mason by the hands while coughing and I pulled them towards the stairs.
I grabbed half of Leo's body and I carefully pulled him down the stairs. I put him down and I ran up the stairs for Mason. I grabbed Mason and I pulled him down the stairs.
I sighed as my breath started getting shorter.
I saw the window. Maybe if I break the window then one of the firefighters can save them. I looked around for something. Shoot.
I should've kept my jacket.
I punched the window and it broke, but my hand got multiple scratches. I groaned as I fell to my knees.
The things I do for my family, I swear.
I took a deep breath and I looked out the window.
"Here. Give me them." The firefighter said on the ladder as he held out his hands in front of me. I tried picking up Leo, but he was so heavy and I was half his size. The firefighter seemed to notice so he reached inside and grabbed Leo.
I waited a while as the firefighter went down the ladder and put Leo down and he came up. It kinda amazed me how he held someone and climbed down a ladder at the same time. I grabbed Mason and I pasted him to the firefighter quickly.I heard the roof creak. I quickly started running down the stairs. The ceiling in the 10th floor fell as I was on the 8th floor.
I need to hurry.
I started running faster.

3rd floor.
2nd floor.
1st floor.
I stumbled out of the building and I fell forwards. The last thing I remember are the firefighters crowding me.
Then I blanked out.